Student section

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Unpopular opinion, but I think the students get more excited about the mini 500 than the games.... how do we gets these kids to care about the football team? Somehow have a project to involve them with the program????

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
As I guy who matriculated in 1986... got out in "DEC 1990" :geek:

...winning is the answer.

I agree. Winning is like money in that it solves a lot of problems but not all. I wonder how many of our students have any interest in football. I ask because I have zero interest in soccer. Even though I heard numerous times how fun Atlanta United games were at BDS, I never went. I’d rather watch Little Sisters of the Poor play Incarnate Word in football than watch a pro soccer game/match. Why? I grew up watching and playing football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I sit in the upper east, the alumni and other fans up there participate fully in the excitement of the game. I don't know about other sections in the upper east, but mine is just fine.
Regarding the students and your claim that that have always done just fine. HA !!! Even the non-frat sections weren't full for the BG game, and there was one game last year (UNC possibly), where there were at most 200 student in the frat section, and that was well into the game; there were even less by the 4th quarter. Homecoming last year, however, the students showed up en masse (with dates, of course), and a great many of them were moved into my section in the upper east. I expect the same to be the case tomorrow.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
If I could get free beer as a student, I might sign up for some classes. I could be like Blue from Old School and join a fraternity. My wife would not approve. [emoji52]

HZ84yxi.gif

Deleted member 2897

Unpopular opinion, but I think the students get more excited about the mini 500 than the games.... how do we gets these kids to care about the football team? Somehow have a project to involve them with the program????

I think you have it backwards.

Animal02

Banned
I agree. Winning is like money in that it solves a lot of problems but not all. I wonder how many of our students have any interest in football. I ask because I have zero interest in soccer. Even though I heard numerous times how fun Atlanta United games were at BDS, I never went. I’d rather watch Little Sisters of the Poor play Incarnate Word in football than watch a pro soccer game/match. Why? I grew up watching and playing football.

I agree, to me, soccer is ridiculously boring.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree, to me, soccer is ridiculously boring.
Spoken like someone who has never been to an Atlanta United game. I was saying the exact same things about soccer before I went to a game. Go to one of their games and stand in the supporters section and try to tell me it is boring.

theputnambee

Georgia Tech Fan
Where I sit in the upper east, the alumni and other fans up there participate fully in the excitement of the game. I don't know about other sections in the upper east, but mine is just fine.
Regarding the students and your claim that that have always done just fine. HA !!! Even the non-frat sections weren't full for the BG game, and there was one game last year (UNC possibly), where there were at most 200 student in the frat section, and that was well into the game; there were even less by the 4th quarter. Homecoming last year, however, the students showed up en masse (with dates, of course), and a great many of them were moved into my section in the upper east. I expect the same to be the case tomorrow.
Upper east is half full at best!

PTCjacket

Banned

The students who like to point the finger back at the Alumni need to understand that student sections in general are typically more responsible for the atmosphere of the stadium than the rest of the crowd/older alumni. Every fanbase in every stadium that I've been to (maybe 10 or so) has usually been led in enthusiasm by the students. A weak student turnout or reaction typically leads to an overall stale atmosphere.

It all starts with the students, both for present day atmosphere and to ensure that the GT athletics program doesn't die off in the near future. Unfortunately, we are at a point where young alumni do not want to buy in on this CPJ regime, and that does not bode well for the future health of the program. This whole CPJ discussion goes far beyond whether his X's and O's are sound.