Strength of Schedule Shot after week 1

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
SoS doesn’t matter. We play Clemson, Miami, uGA, VT.

If we lose 1 or less, we will get into the CFP regardless. 2 losses and were probably out unless it’s Clemson/uGA or Clemson/Clemson. But 2 losses would be a crapshoot for anybody.
Not sure how you got to NC game with a loss. If that happened, we would have to win the ACC championship. If the loss came there I am not convinced that our past records would not jump into view and GT would be seen as an outlier and not a serious NC contender. I think we have to win the ACC to get there and even then might be a problem. A nice exercise but not going to happen. I know we won and a win is a win but it was Alcorn with something like six wins over the last two years. We all need to breathe deeply for awhile and look to the next game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Miami looks badly over-rated to me (and I thought so last year as well)

Duke is under-rated, they are a solid team although they lack spectacular playmakers.

UNC did not look at all good last year and has started the same way this year.

Can't really tell much about most of the rest of the schedule...results against lower level teams just don't mean much.
a pretty level-headed post. Miami still has its reputation but we should have beat them last season and they have now lost four in a row over two years. And they still are coached by a great recruiter. Who can recruit. His day job creates the problem.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure how you got to NC game with a loss. If that happened, we would have to win the ACC championship. If the loss came there I am not convinced that our past records would not jump into view and GT would be seen as an outlier and not a serious NC contender. I think we have to win the ACC to get there and even then might be a problem. A nice exercise but not going to happen. I know we won and a win is a win but it was Alcorn with something like six wins over the last two years. We all need to breathe deeply for awhile and look to the next game.

Because if we have 1 loss, we’re 12-1 with 6 out of 7 wins over Clemson/Clemson/Georgia/Virginia Tech/Miami/@USF/@Louisville. That’s an easy call. That’s at minimum 3 wins over top 10-15 teams.

We’re either ACC champs, or we were 12-0 coming into the championship with wins over all those guys and our first loss is to probably the #2 or 3 Clemson after already beating them.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@AE 87 I was wondering the same thing. Where did these very negative people come from... I know we have people who don't like CPJ, but the constant anti same old same old, over again over again, negativity from these new people is depressing. If we win a few more games they will go away. If GT does not, they will be here making us feel better...

It is not all sunshine and roses, but the constant doom and gloom is awful.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
StingTalk is pretty strict on negative Nancy's that say the same thing over and over again and talking about firing CPJ is an insta ban (for no other reason than it is not fun).