Steve Hummer is relentless

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins will riff on how, in his system, there is no set player at any position. “We don’t talk like that,” he said postgame when asked about who’s Tech’s quarterback moving forward. “You notice out there today there were probably six safeties who played in the game. I don’t see people sitting here asking me who is going to be the starting safety moving forward. We don’t think in those terms.”

This kind of stuff infuriates me. Is this some kind of politically correct running of a team?! No starters, no direction, no leadership and then we wonder why we lose to the Citadel. He sounds like a flake.

Well, there is a counterpoint. Devotion to your players. Chan and Reggie. Paul and TQM. The argument flip flops based on the temperature of the day.

I didn’t see TStan calling you to coach this team. Hindsight is always 20/20. Putting TO at kick returner shows he is a top level athlete and how depleted of elite talent we may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had no problem with TO running back the kickoff, but why not put him back in at QB immediately afterwards? He couldn't have been any more winded than he would be after a long run from scrimmage.

Animal02

Banned
I had no problem with TO running back the kickoff, but why not put him back in at QB immediately afterwards? He couldn't have been any more winded than he would be after a long run from scrimmage.
There is a reason that they have changed the KO rules....to reduce injuries. It was an unnecessary risk. TO should have been on the sidelines prepping for the next O series.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't help but agree especially about the lack of rhythm for the qb. Against USF and CIT Oliver lead the team to touchdowns to suddenly being on the bench the next drive. Against USF it was drive to end the half and go up 14-3. Today it was to tie the game. You have to ride the hot hand.

So the more I listen to CGC and the more I read.....we made a bad coaching hire. Citadel kicked our but today. Our coaching looks like a pee wee squad and we are dancing on the side lines. We will never recruit a bunch of five stars so we need a coach and a scheme. I have talked to lots of Tech fans tonight and they are done already with the crap. CGC, get off Twitter, put down the Waffle house cup and paly Oliver and run the Option.