Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of pressure on Sims. Hope Norvell doesn't prove to be right by passing on him!
The majority of our fanbase knows this is an at best .500 season. Hopefully he doesn’t feel that much pressure. This game will not determine whether Norvell made the right choice. But I would love to see Sims help lead us to victory and make him regret it in the short term.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I read a lot that makes me feel people are worried about a true freshman could be starting. That doesn’t make sense to me because the coaches are going to start the best player so if it is a freshman, it’s because he WON the job. The starter EARNED that spot. Whoever starts is the best we have at that point in time. We should be excited we recruited a player great enough to come in and beat out the existing starter.

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope we are all saying this tomorrow!!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I hope we are all saying this tomorrow!!

I think we will with Gibbs. I don't expect that from our QBs. I don't think we have found our program saving QB yet. Maybe in the class of 22.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Possibly. It’s also late the night before. FSU can’t really plan or scheme at this point. For all we know he was waiting on a green light from the team. Pure speculation, I know nothing.
Nah. If he got sources from inside who confirmed this I’m 100% certain it’s a bad look. This is why CPJ soured quickly on general team press availability. I suspect this would be the first ding on press relations under CGC.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah. If he got sources from inside who confirmed this I’m 100% certain it’s a bad look. This is why CPJ soured quickly on general team press availability. I suspect this would be the first ding on press relations under CGC.
If it were anyone other than Collins I’d completely agree with you. And you’re probably still right. I just get this gut feeling CGC is ultra aware of PR opportunities he can capitalize on. Who knows what game he’s playing but having secret “leaks” can create buzz for the program. That buzz is part of what he brings as head coach.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If it were anyone other than Collins I’d completely agree with you. And you’re probably still right. I just get this gut feeling CGC is ultra aware of PR opportunities he can capitalize on. Who knows what game he’s playing but having secret “leaks” can create buzz for the program. That buzz is part of what he brings as head coach.
Yeah I hear you. He lists “two sources”. Could be as you suggest but I don’t know how they benefits us more than a flashy announcement tonight from @CoachCollins

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don’t think it matters. It’s not like we are surprising anyone with Peyton Manning. Time to enjoy the process.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Did Ken just burn a bridge?

Hope not. If CGC is mad, it should be with the leakers. Ken is not on GT's payroll. A beat writer should absolutely publish if he gets a scoop on the starting QB. If I were his boss, I would have a huge problem if he didn't. At this 11th hour, it isn't going to hurt any small advantage the surprise may have provided, anyway.

Last edited:

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I hear you. He lists “two sources”. Could be as you suggest but I don’t know how they benefits us more than a flashy announcement tonight from @CoachCollins
That’s fair. Probably not flashy enough to be Collins’ doing. But it did get us talking about it. It’s not that it benefits us for tomorrow but it’s doesn’t really help them either. The buzz can help our recruiting which will help our tomorrow.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Hope not. If CGC is mad, it should be with the leakers. Ken is not on GT's payroll. A beat writer should absolutely publish if he gets a scoop on the starting QB. If I were his boss, I would have a huge problem if he didn't. At this 11th hour, it isn't going to hurt any small advantage the surprise may have provided, anyway.
Yeah it's gotta be a fine line. You want to have the scoop, but you also don't want to piss off the people who are the subject of your work. I agree though, not much fsu can do with the info at this time.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think anyone on this forum actually knows anything. However, since the voting is about even: There will be someone who has posted "inside sources say XXX", and 1 out of 4 voters who will say they knew for certain all along no matter who it is.
Well let me be the First to say if it isn’t Gleason then I was WRONG, and I’m fine with admitting it. If Sims can put a winning effort tmmw (runs offense well despite what the defense does). Then I’ll be happy

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I figured JG would start over a true freshman in the first game. Actually I am more interested in who FINISHES the game today. That tells me more about the performance of the starter.