Starting QB in 3 years?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
holy cow...
we can atleast try to get him on the flats!
He is so poised in the pocket. Has great eyes on his receivers.
I really enjoyed this video. Thanks for posting!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I like that that we have thrown our hat into the ring any how...ya dont have a chance to win the lottery if ya don't buy a ticket!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
He has a lot of natural ability. He makes defenders commit before the pitch as well. I would be more impressed if I could see him ride the mesh longer, but that is a scheme thing.

What about the #89 TE? Anyone know about him? That kid has some good hands and speed.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
who thinks we will be running this offense in three years? Only if CPJ is here. He could be retired by the time this kid graduates.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Even if CPJ is not here in three years the spread concepts and read option are not going anywhere. Very few offenses do not have an option element in CFB.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
should we base recruiting on whether cpj will be here in 3 yrs or do we need to recruit "athletes" and hope they adapt to the schemes we are running at that time? I'm just curious as to what others think.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
should we base recruiting on whether cpj will be here in 3 yrs or do we need to recruit "athletes" and hope they adapt to the schemes we are running at that time? I'm just curious as to what others think.

Seeing as CPJ has the majority of the input on who is recruited, it's moot. CPJ is going to recruit to implement his system. I can't think of any coach who would recruit for his successor as all I can think of were forced out except for the FSU or Florida coach who decided to leave at the end of the season sort of.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ will be here in 3 years. It's back to basics this year. None of this BS expanding the offense. It's gonna be 2009 blended with Navy.

I hope you are right since it will mean we have gotten better. But I think you are more likely than not to be wrong based on the last four years.

It will all come down to the economics of generating revenue from fan interest. Right now there isn't a lot.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When I watch that film I see what Vad could have been. They have very similar bodies, running styles, and throwing arms. This kid is big and strong with a long powerful stride. His throwing mechanics seem eerily similar. It just appears like this kid embraces running the option concepts that are a part of his program. These are highlights, so you won't see the bad reads, but his eyes seem to be in the right place and, despite some inconsistency, he has a better feel for the MESH than VL ever did. See, I feel Vad could have been very good for us. It wasn't his physical abilities holding him back. He looks like a good fit to me. He is not a blazer, but rather, one of those physical, pounding QBs who can throw a little and runs just fast enough.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Louisiana is a hotbed of high school talent. The problem is the public schools in the state are worse than Georgia's and LSU typically gets who they want. Hopefully, a recruit of this caliber will consider all the things that Tech offers. Usually, our best bet, IMO, is to target the private schools in Louisiana. We have successfully recruited there in the past. For example, Jason Peters is an alumnus of Catholic High of Baton Rouge.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I almost had to do a double take when watching this video. Hes almost identical to Vad in all aspects of his game except that you see him under center alot more. I think JT is ALMOST the perfect fit at QB for GT. Im just not convinced yet that anybody can be a prolific passer in this offense. I think itd be difficult to develop any kind of rhythm only throwing 10 or so passes a game. Id rather have a speedster who CAN throw if needed.