Starting QB in 3 years?

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the two most grossly incorrect terms on the board are "CPJ Haters" and "Triple Option Haters". Personally, I doubt if there is even one CPJ Hater among our fan base. This is a term used by those who do not want any discussion of the failures of CPJ at present. They try to intimidate those who have an opposite opinion of their's, in hopes these posters will not make any more posts regarding the failures of CPJ. They are wasting their time trying this intimidation factor.

I would also surmise that there would be very few that actually hate the Triple Option. The problem seems to be that the opposition's defenses have somewhat caught up with CPJ's verson of it and see a need to update it or go to another system. For instance, Auburn and a few others use the triple option, but use updated versions of it. In order for a system to continue to be effective, it must evolve by changing it when the defenses catch up with it. Again, the word hate in these opposing replies and posts is nothing more than an attempt at intimidation by a very loud minority of posters. Sorry, it wont work.

I would think that the vast majority of fans are hopeful that CPJ can have a good year and even win the National Championship. I doubt if there would be one Tech fan unhappy with the above suggested results this year.

Yes, I would say there are many who hate CPJ based on their own point of view. There is a ton of them over on the other site and I meet them at the ball games. They display a hate of the man for his handling of media, his one trick offense, his lack of passing, his poor recruiting, and his 7 win seasons. They post these views into every thread and they scream it at the field during the game. I find it ok to hate CPJ, just don't beat me over the head with the anti CPJ stick and ruin football by crying about it all the time. This is not the same as politics... I agree that there are those out there who will silence opposing thought through intimidation.

Talking about football in a rational constructive way is fun. People can even destruct to be constructive without being an irrational constant downer that has nothing good to say about our team ever. People talk about things we need to improve/change all the time and this is fun to debate. Rational debating about changing coaches is fun too... just not in every thread.

The poorly prepared defense is a sucker for any good offense style. Yes, good well prepared defenses will give the 3TO problems just like anyone other offense.
Our offense has not been the biggest issue until 2013. Was the 3TO finally figured out in 2013 or did we just not execute and got beat in the trenches. I can say the major reason we failed in two words... double option.

I can also say, we need to be able to make people pay in the air if they sell out on run or it is game over for the 3TO and Paul.

The bottom line is winning, but also supporting your team, and discussing the good and the bad to no end everyday ... while having fun.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Have you met WnE?
I don't think you can include him in GT's fan base, especially when he's tried so hard to distance himself from it. However, if you want to read posts that hate CPJ, check out Jim Hart's resurrected site. By the way, MikeBanning is WnE.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think you can include him in GT's fan base, especially when he's tried so hard to distance himself from it. However, if you want to read posts that hate CPJ, check out Jim Hart's resurrected site. By the way, MikeBanning is WnE.

You're right about Jim's site. Oh it's a saaaad place over there. Nothing but the sound of a sad saxophone, echoing through a sewer pipe

If you decide to go over there and read some posts, try this music as a soundtrack:

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I will have to recant one of my statements. Since I posted on Jim Harts old board when his gang was out to get Chan Gailey, there was some pure hate there. If they are on the same road with Paul Johnson, then the hate could well be present, but I still think it is an extremely small minority of the fan base that would think that way.

However, there are many on this board that state they hate everything about UGA, their players, fans, coaches, etal. So, those posters on this board who state this have no right to criticize those that hate CPJ. I will restate my assumption that rational fans would not hate CPJ. I also remember now that some fans hated Bill Lewis and would not even pronounce his name. I did not like his coaching, but I did not hate the man. In fact, Bill Lewis just might be a better person than those who hated him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Hate is a strong term, but I'm pretty sure that there is a very significant population of fans that don't care for CPJ for a number of reasons. Hate is a strong term but a strong dislike or even worse apathy.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Thread derailed.
shhh-shhh-just-let-it-happen_zps8dc78086.jpg

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I will have to recant one of my statements. Since I posted on Jim Harts old board when his gang was out to get Chan Gailey, there was some pure hate there. If they are on the same road with Paul Johnson, then the hate could well be present, but I still think it is an extremely small minority of the fan base that would think that way.

However, there are many on this board that state they hate everything about UGA, their players, fans, coaches, etal. So, those posters on this board who state this have no right to criticize those that hate CPJ. I will restate my assumption that rational fans would not hate CPJ. I also remember now that some fans hated B*** L**** and would not even pronounce his name. I did not like his coaching, but I did not hate the man. In fact, Bill Lewis just might be a better person than those who hated him.

Count me as one of those guys that won't even write his name or say it in a conversation. To me, that period of GT history is a black hole. I don't hate him; I have just blocked that mistake from my memory and want no reminder of it. I still fume about the blown opportunities we had with the National Championship. We had the opportunity to be relevant nationally again, and in 2 years, that relevance was gone.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't remember where Lewis came from, but I think it might have been Western Carolina. At any rate, their team looked good and Lewis was selected because of their record. It is kind of fuzzy now, but it seemed they had a good Offensive Coordinator, and he took over and kep winning for awhile. Sometimes, an OC or DC makes the difference, but the coach sometimes gets the credit.

I do remember there was a lot of turmoil regarding the QB's, but not being on the inside, I never knew the truth of the whole situation. I do know the team quit also quit on him, so the possibility exists that it may not have all been his fault. We may never know the truth of the whole situation. However, Bill Lewis was the coach, and I have never failed to call him by name, and will never succumb to such tactics. I still even call the President "Barack Hussein Obama", and I dislike his leadership more than any individual I have ever heard of other than Hitler.