Starting OL for UM

MountPGT1990

Banned
I'm confused. So we're getting shamire back right? So when it comes to depth we are where we've been since the start of the year?

Supposedly getting Shamire back, depth is pretty much the same just hurts losing AM for good. We now have 6 lineman that are "good to go" to CPJ's standard to contribute . We basically have ZERO depth now and getting AM back would have been a Yuge boost to OL, it's a BIGly loss for the program

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Are you saying Andrew Marshall is done. Will not be back at all? I have not seen that anywhere.

Go Jackets!
Apparently, that's the scuttlebutt. One poster said he is done, period, forever. You are correct, that info has not been released publicly. I guess we will find out soon enough.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, just small margin for injury and we are right back to walk-on ivemeyer playing etc.
Actually, I thought Ivemeyer did a pretty good job in the UNC game. He has one great advantage: he's short for an OT. He was getting underneath his opponent consistently and getting good blocks when he did. I also noticed, however, that when he was in we didn't run as consistently to his side. I'm not sure that was because of his blocking (see above); it might have been because of advantages seen in the calls for strong/weak made as the O lined up.

I'm sure the coaches would like someone bigger out there, but Bailey is no slouch from what I've seen. Still, let's hope we don't have more injuries on the OL. I'd like to redshirt the frosh OLs we have left.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I thought Ivemeyer did a pretty good job in the UNC game. He has one great advantage: he's short for an OT. He was getting underneath his opponent consistently and getting good blocks when he did. I also noticed, however, that when he was in we didn't run as consistently to his side. I'm not sure that was because of his blocking (see above); it might have been because of advantages seen in the calls for strong/weak made as the O lined up.

I'm sure the coaches would like someone bigger out there, but Bailey is no slouch from what I've seen. Still, let's hope we don't have more injuries on the OL. I'd like to redshirt the frosh OLs we have left.

Now that Hansen has lost his RS the practice competition (Ivenmeyer at T vs Hansen at G) may determine where Bryan plays most, G or T. Of course Brad Morgan may be in the mix at G as well. I guess we are down to 2 Cs, 3.5 Ts, and 4.5 Gs, counting Bryan as .5s, but the real six that will play mostly are Cooper, Devine, Braun, Lee, Stickler, and Bryan...and we needed Marshall to make seven and without him, needing a backup center, we really now need eight. I believe CPJ has chosen his frosh to play G and Bryan will have to play a lot of T this year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Now that Hansen has lost his RS the practice competition (Ivenmeyer at T vs Hansen at G) may determine where Bryan plays most, G or T. Of course Brad Morgan may be in the mix at G as well. I guess we are down to 2 Cs, 3.5 Ts, and 4.5 Gs, counting Bryan as .5s, but the real six that will play mostly are Cooper, Devine, Braun, Lee, Stickler, and Bryan...and we needed Marshall to make seven and without him, needing a backup center, we really now need eight. I believe CPJ has chosen his frosh to play G and Bryan will have to play a lot of T this year.

I suspect Bryan may be giving relief across the line (except C) until/unless we get a decent lead. However, it's possible that we're happy with Lee, Stickler w/Ivenmeyer at Tackle.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck

Given Hansen has lost his RS, I hope he gets ample reps during games going forward. He can only improve by playing and perhaps making a few mistakes (hopefully none that causes us to lose yards). Given his size, we can continue to have a strong GCG combo going forward in the interior OL.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched Hanson in the UNC game and he moved with surprising speed for a guy who is as visibly chubby as he is. I get the feeling that he's like Cooper; one of those naturally strong and fast people. Carrying a little extra weight simply doesn't appear to signify with him.

Well, I'm a tad overweight myself and I do ok. If Hanson learns the system, I expect he'll start playing more soon. In the UNC game he was (at least) hitting somebody every play. The correct somebody, I hear you ask? No doubt Coach knows.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I watched Hanson in the UNC game and he moved with surprising speed for a guy who is as visibly chubby as he is. I get the feeling that he's like Cooper; one of those naturally strong and fast people. Carrying a little extra weight simply doesn't appear to signify with him.

Well, I'm a tad overweight myself and I do ok. If Hanson learns the system, I expect he'll start playing more soon. In the UNC game he was (at least) hitting somebody every play. The correct somebody, I hear you ask? No doubt Coach knows.
I already have a nickname for Hanson....

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't hitting the CORRECT somebody but I will take him hitting somebody any day. What I can't stand (and I see this a lot with Florida) is linemen standing around and not smacking somebody. Our guys, by and large, are getting after people which I am sure the backs appreciate.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe he is and maybe he isn't hitting the CORRECT somebody but I will take him hitting somebody any day. What I can't stand (and I see this a lot with Florida) is linemen standing around and not smacking somebody. Our guys, by and large, are getting after people which I am sure the backs appreciate.
Good point, look at this image. Only two Florida players are actually blocking someone! Seems to be a problem there though... :ROFLMAO:
bz4bie5cyaa85in.0.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Lee, Braun, Cooper, Devine, Bryan. Same line we've had all year, which is playing lights out so far.

Off the bench we have Jake Stickler, Bailey Ivemeyer, Connor Hansen. These are the 3 players I've seen on the field the most from a backup standpoint. Connor played Center on our last scoring drive against North Carolina, and seemed to do fine.

What is odd to me is that we released a depth chart earlier this week that included Brad and Scott Morgan, but then on the injury list last night, they are both listed as being out.