Starting OL for UM

MountPGT1990

Banned
So, if everyone is back practicing this week and ready to go for UM who will be starting?

I think A. Marshall was our best tackle before getting hurt, does he get to start even though his rusty? Shamire has really stepped up and I wonder if he stays a starter? Also, is Bryan better at guard or tackle?

If everyone is healthy I see several possibilities for our Starting lineup:

Bryan, Braun, Cooper, Devine, Marshall

or

Lee, Braun, Cooper, Bryan, Marshall

or

Lee, Braun, Cooper, Devine, Bryan

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
If we see Marshall I doubt he starts. Having a leg injury for several weeks hurts endurance plus the rust factor. I see him coming off the bench and starting against Wake/Clemson.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it depends on what is happening at practice. Marshall lost his starting spot while injured, so he needs to clearly beat out the others in practice (two weeks of practice in this case) in order to start. If he is doing that, them I am fine with it. If he isn't clearly winning in practice, he should wait his turn in the game rotation.

As far as what is happening at RG, I can see either scenario frankly. Shamire has been really good, but he has also been used for slightly fewer snaps than the others most games. I haven't counted in order to give this observation "fact"status, but it is my impression having watched the games. My guess is that WB will play most of the snaps whether at LT or RG and JL (LT) and SD (RG) will rotate. I hope JL and SD are a full go after their injuries. Stickler has played well overall and has my confidence too.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So, if everyone is back practicing this week and ready to go for UM who will be starting?

I think A. Marshall was our best tackle before getting hurt, does he get to start even though his rusty? Shamire has really stepped up and I wonder if he stays a starter? Also, is Bryan better at guard or tackle?

or

or

I would like to see that 3rd option start.

or

or

Dave Watson and Larry Stallings would help.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Impossible to know how ready Marshall is but if he is ready I would expect -Lee, Braun, Cooper, Bryan and Marshall. Strickler has performed but ..... Devine will play but he can't take that heat all day.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Impossible to know how ready Marshall is but if he is ready I would expect -Lee, Braun, Cooper, Bryan and Marshall. Strickler has performed but ..... Devine will play but he can't take that heat all day.
But when it turns into a slugfest with lots of interior runs, the future Miami 5 star pro prospects will back off and protect themselves from shamire landing on their legs. What a change up he brings.

Be afraid ! When he hits a pile , the db or line backer squirt out the back like a stepped on grape.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
But when it turns into a slugfest with lots of interior runs, the future Miami 5 star pro prospects will back off and protect themselves from shamire landing on their legs. What a change up he brings.

Be afraid ! When he hits a pile , the db or line backer squirt out the back like a stepped on grape.
Be Afraid! BE VERY AFRAID! ☠️

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Still, his best blocking is straight ahead with his target right in front a foot away. He's gotten better at pulling, but when he has to travel a distance before contact.... he's just not consistent. Parker is much better at that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Still, his best blocking is straight ahead with his target right in front a foot away. He's gotten better at pulling, but when he has to travel a distance before contact.... he's just not consistent. Parker is much better at that.
He is great at the power block straight ahead , but when he pulls I bet the defensive guy he is going at doesn't want to take his eyes off him and not watching the running back. :)

MountPGT1990

Banned
Sounds like my first two guesses are no longer an option for UM or rest of the season.

We are so thin at OL now, is anyone close to being able to step up and contribute outside of the top 6? Come on Morgans, we need you guys to step up and play some quality minutes

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would be tempted to bring Shamire in later in the game as their DL gets tired and slows down. The big guy can get into them a little easier as they wear down. A series in first half to get a feel for the game and then put it to them in the 2nd half.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like my first two guesses are no longer an option for UM or rest of the season.

We are so thin at OL now, is anyone close to being able to step up and contribute outside of the top 6? Come on Morgans, we need you guys to step up and play some quality minutes
The entire OL is back minus Marshall. That's what we started with at the beginning of the season so I think we are fine. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I would be tempted to bring Shamire in later in the game as their DL gets tired and slows down. The big guy can get into them a little easier as they wear down. A series in first half to get a feel for the game and then put it to them in the 2nd half.
Or have him wear them down and then bring in the faster more agile guys. Either way works lol.

jacob

Banned
I'm confused. So we're getting shamire back right? So when it comes to depth we are where we've been since the start of the year?