Starters

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
agreed, but it's also not like Jabari has any in-game film playing DT. Right now Gamble does, so how is it fair to just insert Jabari over Gamble at a position he's never played in his life over guys who remained eligible and helped the team on the field last season (not overlooking Jabari's help on the scout team) based on doing well in spring practice, scrimmages, and in practice last season? Why exactly would that create a better attitude among the D-Line?
Coaches know pretty much from practice as to who will be better, that's why you see some fressman play and others not playing, the coaches can evaluate what they are doing. Jabari suffered more than anyone by not getting to play, and even if it's his own fault he has done everything needed to regain eligibility and earn the respect of those around him. Personally I want the best 11 guys on the field and if Jabari is getting it better at dt than Gamble then I want him on the feild, I want to win. There's no need to punish Jabari for what he has already been punished for (missing the whole season last year). I do believe though if he beats out Gamble then Gamble would just slide out to de and end up starting there. My main thig is Jabari being ineligible is over now and he's part of the team as much as any other guy, there are no unequals on the team, they all get a fair shot for playing time.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
agreed, but it's also not like Jabari has any in-game film playing DT. Right now Gamble does, so how is it fair to just insert Jabari over Gamble at a position he's never played in his life over guys who remained eligible and helped the team on the field last season (not overlooking Jabari's help on the scout team) based on doing well in spring practice, scrimmages, and in practice last season? Why exactly would that create a better attitude among the D-Line?

You're missing the point. The point is to get the best players on the field. If JHD has a good attitude right now, and is a better than PG right now, they he should be #1 right now. Since no depth chart shows JHD at #1 yet, I'll assume that's not the case. But when the depth chart does show that, then that's the right thing. And trust me, players want to win, which means they want the best on the field.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I disagree that being academically ineligible is a punishment (I know I said suspension and semantics earlier in the thread). The coach and team had no say in whether or not he played. A punishment would be like what I'm describing, he could start, but I don't think he will for games 1 and 2 because let's face it, we were pretty much 1 good D-Lineman away from an extremely special season last year.

I'm not saying don't play him.
I'm not saying don't start him all year.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I disagree that being academically ineligible is a punishment (I know I said suspension and semantics earlier in the thread). The coach and team had no say in whether or not he played. A punishment would be like what I'm describing, he could start, but I don't think he will for games 1 and 2 because let's face it, we were pretty much 1 good D-Lineman away from an extremely special season last year.

I'm not saying don't play him.
I'm not saying don't start him all year.
I just don't get why you'd want to punish a guy for having a tough time with Tech's notoriously tough academics. He already sat out a year and apparently busted his *** playing scout team, there is no reason to try to teach him a lesson.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I just don't get why you'd want to punish a guy for having a tough time with Tech's notoriously tough academics. He already sat out a year and apparently busted his *** playing scout team, there is no reason to try to teach him a lesson.
Like I said in an earlier post there are no "unequals" once Jabari got eligible he's just as much a part of the team as all the other guys, imo he sorta punished himself by getting ineligible, and not playing all last year. Can you imagine not getting to play on last years team with all the accomplishments the guys had? If he beats out Gamble then he deserves to play, and I want the best 11 guys out there, which I believe Gamble is one of them and can be moved to DE, so I don't get why anyone would want anything less than him having an equal opportunity. In other words I agree with you lol.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I suspect starting Dline will be Gamble, Hunt, Gotsis, Freeman. On 3rd and longs I think we will see lots of Simmons and whitehead subbing for Gamble.

I think Gamble did a good job setting the edge and stopping the run at SDE last year. No one else could on that side. But he struggled rushing the QB. I'm really looking forward to see what transpires at SDE. Camp has not provided much insight.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
@Minawreck @tech_wreck47 , Gentlemen, you are having an interesting conversation, but it would sure help this old guy if one of yall changes his icon image. I typically don't look at the names and register the pictures from the corner of my eye. It took me too long to realize that there wasn't some multiple-personality dude arguing with himself.
Herschel?
I kid...mental illness really isn't fair game to make fun of, even for a Dwag.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
For the first game I think Gamble will start but JHD will get starter minutes and then eventually be the starter

Declinometer

Banned
CPJ 's genius as a coach extends much further than X's and O's. He understands how to keep the team fresh for the entire season. The term starter on CPJ teams is irrelevant for most positions because of the many substitutions.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Dressedcheeseside, post: 169918, member: 77"]I think RG is still up in the air. Shamire might start as an experiment to see how long he can go.[/QUOTE]
Experiment? His recruitment to G T was the experiment .its show time.so if he cant go as many drives as speculated
(curious to know what that # is) who is better deserving to start? And in my opinion, it dont take alot of plays to make a td . I also believe devine can go as many snaps needed to make the play .i also think if he is winded after helping get the score and extra point,so what many of them are. there should be a water boy/girl ready for him everytime he comes off the field with a full bottle of water and a cold towel ,save him a seat on the bench next to the cooling device.help him help yall .if weight and endurance was a issue it aint no more he is not the biggest college player out there right now he actually is the 13th largest with 12 guys a head of him.i dont hear none of their programs complaining .just my .opinion. (Every one else gets to have one.)