Starters

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Who will our starters be on Sept. 3rd? I think most are solidified, but there are still some question marks at some positions. Here's my prediction...

Offense:
QB: JeT
BB: Skov
AB: Snoddy
AB: Searcy
WR: Summers
WR: Jeune
LT: Chamberlain
LG: Braun
C: Burden
RG: Devine
RT: Joe

Hard not to put Brad in there, but if Summers comes back soon, I think he starts by next Thurs.

Defense (Nickel):
DE: Freeman
DT: Gotsis
NT: JHD
DE: RRC
LB: Davis
LB: Marcordes
N: Lynn Griffin
CB: White
CB: Milton
FS: Golden
SS: Smith

Yup, I think JHD gets in there.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I'm really excited to see our goal line package. We seem big enough and athletic enough to move kallon inside with Gotsis, and have JHD and Pat Gamble on the outside. That just seems like it would be a mean front for any back to penetrate.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Who will our starters be on Sept. 3rd? I think most are solidified, but there are still some question marks at some positions. Here's my prediction...

Offense:

Hard not to put Brad in there, but if Summers comes back soon, I think he starts by next Thurs.

Defense (Nickel):

Who do you think our D Line is on 3rd and long, or almost certain passing downs?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm really excited to see our goal line package. We seem big enough and athletic enough to move kallon inside with Gotsis, and have JHD and Pat Gamble on the outside. That just seems like it would be a mean front for any back to penetrate.
I like that but wouldn't we move Gotsis outside? I have always heard he is a more natural end and will probably play that in the pros. JHD is big enough and has a low center of gravity so it makes sense to me to keep him inside. Anyway, it is fun to think about different goal line packages and we certainly have options.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not to pick, but wouldn't Pat Gamble move to the outside instead of RRC, in the rotation?

Might see Kendarius Whitehead on some 3rd and longs from the other side.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Offense:

Defense (Nickel):

I agree with everything but I think gamble will get moved out to de and maybe start over RRC.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Ike Is the best blocker and will hold down the position to start a-back. I think JHD starts come week 3 but Gamble fills out the other end spot to start week 3 as well.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think Johnson is the type of coach who will start a guy who is coming off a year long suspension of his own doing in the first games which are essentially meaningless.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Ineligible, not suspended. He lost the scholarship and worked his way back, while participating on the scout team.
semantics in my opinion. He put himself in a position to be removed from competition. That type of thing should not be something someone just walks back from and waltzes into a starting role IMO. I recognize the work he did to get back, but I also recognize the work the other players on the team did WITHOUT becoming ineligible, and playing without Jabari. It's a little bit unfair to them to just hand the starting role over considering they did not hurt the team like Jabari's actions that made him ineligible did.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
semantics in my opinion. He put himself in a position to be removed from competition. That type of thing should not be something someone just walks back from and waltzes into a starting role IMO. I recognize the work he did to get back, but I also recognize the work the other players on the team did WITHOUT becoming ineligible, and playing without Jabari. It's a little bit unfair to them to just hand the starting role over considering they did not hurt the team like Jabari's actions that made him ineligible did.

I have felt this way as a coach before, myself. But it is wrong. A kid lost his eligibility, was removed from play for it, earned it back, and is now on the same level as everyone else. College is hard. JHD failed to achieve what was required, and was punished for it. It's over now. If he's the best, he will start, and should start. This isn't t-ball. And he didn't hurt anyone.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
if JHD gets in there...then Gamble will start at end IMO.
I think hankins may be there with Davis...but who knows. its a toss up.
I think Ike beats out Searcy if he is healthy
If summers is not healthy....i think Stewart is the listed starter.

But your list is good, really solid...the only one I would say would be the DT spot. If JHD does sneak in....then gamble moves outside IMO..But I think it will be status quo, gamble at DT and RRC at DE....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think Gotsis plays 1Tech more than JHD or Patrick, but I think they move around. I think the biggest issue with Gamble is whether Kallon, or someone, can provide decent depth at DT.

I wonder if they've considered red shirting Merriweather this year given our depth at rush end.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
if JHD gets in there...then Gamble will start at end IMO.
I think hankins may be there with Davis...but who knows. its a toss up.
I think Ike beats out Searcy if he is healthy
If summers is not healthy....i think Stewart is the listed starter.

But your list is good, really solid...the only one I would say would be the DT spot. If JHD does sneak in....then gamble moves outside IMO..But I think it will be status quo, gamble at DT and RRC at DE....
Yes, it was a good list and your suggestions are good also.
With regard to minor tweaking of the lineup I wonder about Ike. I had assumed from about the second day of practice that he would start. However, CPJ has not said anything real encouraging about him even when reporters have asked. By the end of camp I felt like he was just a placeholder until someone stepped up, someone that maybe CPJ was challenging to work harder. Don't get me wrong. I would start him but CPJ seems lukewarm at best toward him.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think Gotsis plays 1Tech more than JHD or Patrick, but I think they move around. I think the biggest issue with Gamble is whether Kallon, or someone, can provide decent depth at DT.

I wonder if they've considered red shirting Merriweather this year given our depth at rush end.
FTRS suggests that is going to happen.