Stansbury Seat Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The biggest disappointment to me has been the defense performance. It was Collins strength and experience. We can all debate the transition on offense from 3O (and we have) but that was always going to require time. The defense should have never gotten the results from the last 3 years (and particularly last year). Part of it certainly was the attempt to play high paced offense but that doesn't by itself explain the drop off. The only hope I really have is Long can improve the offense with minimal interference from Collins and Collins is very hands on in terms of the defense and has them playing at a much higher level.
Collins devoting more attention to the defense (hopefully) is going to help but also the fact that Thacker doesn't have to coach linebackers anymore. Semore (hopefully) should be an upgrade at LB coach while Thacker will be freed to concentrate on being DC.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well your UF friends are either ill-informed, or are just just making up lies. Considering Geoff Collins was Temple’s head coach in 2017, seems like it’s the latter.

In 2015 Florida allowed the 11th fewest PPG in the country at 18.3, and were rated 15th in defensive efficiency. On the offensive side they only scored 23.2 PPG, (good for 100th in the country) and were rated 72nd in offensive efficiency.

In 2016 Florida allowed the 6th fewest PPG at 16.8, and were rated 8th in defensive efficiency. Offensively they scored 23.7 (107th in the country) and were 87th in offensive efficiency.

Collins had success everywhere he has ever gone as a defensive coach. To act like his career was going nowhere is a joke. On paper he should’ve been the perfect hire. Unless a 3O coach was brought in our offense was going to be abysmal in 2019 no matter what. So we should have a strong defense to counter it. It hasn’t worked out well, and I’m willing to be a large reason why is because the resources simply haven’t been there until this year. Which is unfortunate because on paper last year actually had a decent amount of talent on that side of the ball. I’m expecting a pretty big turnaround on the defensive side of the ball, simply because of the new investment in the program.

Also for the record for those who want to attribute Florida’s defensive success solely to Mullen, in 2017 the year after CGC left Florida was rated 84th in DFEI
My Florida friends pretty much said the same thing. They think he sold TStan a bill of goods and will walk away laughing all the way to the bank.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I got an idea. Let's list Geoff's top accomplishments. Give us the data on Top 10 wins, increased attendance, recruiting, offensive, defense or special teams production, anything? Surely he's got a lot to be proud of during his first 3 years at GT. He's clearly made an impact here. it should be a pretty easy exercise.
Well, I do not recall any Tech coach losing the last two games of a season by a collective score of 0-100. Does that count? I am pretty sure no Tech coach has ever lost to Clemson by 70 points either. Beating UNC, Miami and Louisville is about all I can manage.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
We have plenty of threads about Collins and his coaching effectiveness. This thread is gradually less and less about Stansbury.
Has this thread run its course?
Stansbury's and "His Man" careers at Tech are irrevocably fused after the public pronouncements last November, so as goes the current head coach, so goes Stansbury.

Actual RESULTS over the next 89 days will tell the tale.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Just wondering. To answer the Original question, if this happened anywhere else, what would have happened? I’m talking Sun Belt on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.