Stansbury Already Doing Work

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not altogether opposed to us having something like that so that I can get around Bobby Dodd in my wheelchair in 15 or so years but I believe there are priorities with our limited funds that ought to go towards giving PJ what he thinks he needs for the programs success...near term. I trust TS to have better minds than mine though to crunch the numbers and determine the best course of action.

As CEO, he must balance the near term with the long term. I believe enhancing the game day experience and getting more rear ends in the stadium contributes to both. Even though we will never seat 80-90 k, a packed stadium and high energy crowd can be a selling point to potential SA's. Bringing in new fans increases the contributor pool and helps ensure long term viability.

BDS CAN be a great FB environment...we just need to increase the frequency of that.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Beer sales probably aren't that far off. They already do it in the AAC and several other conferences.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Sweetwater/fox brothers section.

Connect the upper east with the upper north and have a large partio area. Yes, I said partio. Something similar to he chop shop at turner b

Sell beer in this area and it will pay for itself.

We have to sell out to the young urban Atl population.

Hell lets be super cool and build our own microbrewery in the stadium......BuzzBeer ftw!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Not a bad idea. Lots of pro stadiums across the world already has the cabana style but I haven't seen it as open as this. But if this section is limited to just those who purchase seats in that section, I'm not sure if I'd be a patron there... ah well.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't know if I'm a fan of adding seats to a stadium we can't fill.

I didnt read anything about adding seats. Seems to me if the plan went through it would result in a seat reduction. How many seats lost would depend on where they put it.

I guess the only place that would be definitely out is anything in the West. If I remember correctly, Tech is limited in what it can to in the west because of ADA regulations.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea. In the '80's, I lived in Tulsa for a couple of years, and during football games, the University of Tulsa would block off one of the streets that ran alongside the stadium and allow local restaurants and bars to set up tents (this was before food trucks became the in-thing). During halftime, you could go out to the street and get a beer or something to eat and come back in. None of my friends were from Tulsa, but we would go to the games just for the socialization. UT is not that large of a school, but their games were fairly well attended for the size of the stadium. From what I understand, they started allowing beer sales inside this year, and prices weren't what I expected. Domestic beers for $5 for 16 ounces and $6 for craft beer, and local microbrewery is one of the "sponsors" for UT football.

It's already done by ACC teams as well. The Carrier Dome has sold beer for as long as I remember going to games.
Is the Carrier Dome an on-campus facility owned by the school or the state of NY? That's the snag with most college stadiums; state laws prevent them from selling alcohol. Since Tech already does in the club section lounges, I assume it won't be a problem with a cabana area, but that remains to be seen.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Is the Carrier Dome an on-campus facility owned by the school or the state of NY? That's the snag with most college stadiums; state laws prevent them from selling alcohol. Since Tech already does in the club section lounges, I assume it won't be a problem with a cabana area, but that remains to be seen.
On campus and Syracuse is a private university. WVU sells beer and they're public.

From January 2016
BeerMap.png

http://footballscoop.com/news/map-of-the-college-football-stadiums-where-you-can-buy-beer/