Stansbury Already Doing Work

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hell I don't even fit the unprotected class description, just a life long fan so the AA, the Hill or any other group that doesn't fully and completely support Tech SAs can kiss my butt. My dollars are just as damn good as anyone's alumni or not. I dare say my love for Tech run as deep or deeper than most anyone.

Hell I don't even fit the unprotected class description, just a life long fan so the AA, the Hill or any other group that doesn't fully and completely support Tech SAs can kiss my butt. My dollars are just as damn good as anyone's alumni or not. I dare say my love for Tech run as deep or deeper than most anyone.
A simple "like" is not enough to express my opinion of what you posted. How about a HELL YEAH !!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At the orange bowl party I meet joe I and I asked him how the team's sucess was impacting donations. He smiled and said we are doing very well. I suggest a way he could raise some serious money by putting on a fund raising event for the football team . It would be a celebrity sumo wrestling event. That got his attention , but when I suggested that it be Joe Irwin verses Erin Joe (sic) , he hurried off to follow the Prez. Guy must have a few big donor friends - coasting towards retirement. No original or risky ideas from him

At the orange bowl party I meet joe I and I asked him how the team's sucess was impacting donations. He smiled and said we are doing very well. I suggest a way he could raise some serious money by putting on a fund raising event for the football team . It would be a celebrity sumo wrestling event. That got his attention , but when I suggested that it be Joe Irwin verses Erin Joe (sic) , he hurried off to follow the Prez. Guy must have a few big donor friends - coasting towards retirement. No original or risky ideas from him
Far be it from anyone at Tech thus far to dare to do anything original, or innovative, or risky. SHEESH

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I know it's a 1-hour speech, but you didn't listen to any of it, did you? He pretty much explained the context of what he meant by the AA being "educators" at the 4;55 mark, where
he quote de Coubertin. "Education" is not just about teaching students stuff in the classroom. It includes mentoring, instilling life skills, and developing character in a young adult--things at which schools like UNC and 'Bama are demonstrably deficient. Do you really think we should be more like them, just to get a few more wins per season?

Simply put, you have it completely backwards--if our AA doesn't concern itself with educating SA's, then that would be a reason to shut it down.

Well Buffy, there are those you may consider deaf, but there is no doubt many more are blind.

Too much talking and not enough walking. And going on 50 + years.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I spent the last decade being fairly involved in recruiting and change has been in the air for a while. They're not trying to alienate the high $$ donors or those in prestigious positions. What they're trying to rid themselves of is the "look to the left, look to the right" crowd, those who refer to our last days at GT as "getting out", folks that admire those clever enough to steal the T, those of us that drink too much, like to tell stories about getting shafted, don't dress right (wear whatever shade of gold we damn well please), yell THWG too loud & like sports. We're in what I'll call the "unprotected class" and I believe the AA wishes we would all just go away even at the expense of losing a fair amount of donations.
If this is true I find it amusing that GT is still using #Igotout on Instagram and Facebook

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
How ironic. I just received a notice in email about my 25th reunion (yeah, I took 6 years to graduate with my undergrad, so, what of it? I also had 13 quarters of co-op). Anyway, here is the first two paragraphs of the email...
upload_2017-5-9_17-41-46.png

LibertyTurns

Banned
How ironic. I just received a notice in email about my 25th reunion (yeah, I took 6 years to graduate with my undergrad, so, what of it? I also had 13 quarters of co-op). Anyway, here is the first two paragraphs of the email...
View attachment 2485
That's too funny. I can't remember what year it was they started making us take tests before we could volunteer. Maybe they had tests before that & we all ignored them. Anyway like OJF stated, they can kiss my butt.