Staff Changes

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow
Just using some Context clues.
He’s followed our Top QB commit and Top QB target that we haven’t got to commit. Jahmyr, Our brand manager, P. Suddes.
Ohio St just had a QB enter transfer portal.
To me it feels like it’s all adding up for Dennis to GT.
If Corey is coming I hope he’s bringing his father in law with him.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Just using some Context clues.
He’s followed our Top QB commit and Top QB target that we haven’t got to commit. Jahmyr, Our brand manager, P. Suddes.
Ohio St just had a QB enter transfer portal.
To me it feels like it’s all adding up for Dennis to GT.
I think it makes sense too. It’s about time for him to move up.

He’s had enough experience with top notch QB’s. Seems like he could really connect with GT targets as a recruiter too.

Remember not a lot of OC’s will take a 1 year experiment and also from his perspective getting the OC title is most important for him.

What’s the downside risk considering we’ve been abysmal on both sides of the ball. Most people wanted a complete regime change anyway so I doubt some big time showboat name is touching the gig.

Don’t anybody even mention Whisenhunt or some wash up.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think it makes sense too. It’s about time for him to move up.

He’s had enough experience with top notch QB’s.

Remember not a lot of OC’s will take a 1 year experiment and also from his perspective getting the OC title is most important for him.

What’s the downside risk considering we’ve been abysmal on both sides of the ball.
But he’s unproven as an OC. To me, we aren’t in a position to hire someone unproven. At all.

But hey I’m not a coach. Time will tell who and what happens

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Guys when we name the DC and OC it will be someone we have not heard of
How many OC and DC candidates have you actually ever heard of? I’d be willing to bet someone could list off UGA, Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame’s coordinators and you wouldn't have heard of them. Even if you had, we aren’t in position to poach a big name coordinator anyway. Who are you expecting them to hire that you’ve “heard of”?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable - I, for one, do not believe Burton, Popovich, and even Pnode (although I agree we needed a change to someone more innovative) are our largest issues. Of course, I think the largest issue is at the top, but with that said, we obviously need a DC that can kick butt and take names, and CGC is not that guy, and Thacker is not that guy.

I am so disheartened for GT football, but even more so for Burton and Popovich being scapegoated. This just tells me that CGC still has not clue what needs to be done. If Key becomes our OC, my despondency will reach even higher heights, and it is probably maxxed out right now.

I just cannot believe 2 lower level guys were scapegoated for the worst D GT has ever put on the field (ok, if you want to say "tied" with some other year, fine). I am also beyond sad to know that the "party" atmosphere of this circus will continue - no culture change needed, per TStan and CGC.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Unbelievable - I, for one, do not believe Burton, Popovich, and even Pnut (although I agree we needed a change to someone more innovative) are our largest issues. Of course, I think the largest issue is at the top, but with that said, we obviously need a DC that can kick butt and take names, and CGC is not that guy, and Thacker is not that guy.

I am so disheartened for GT football, but even more so for Burton and Popovich being scapegoated. This just tells me that CGC still has not clue what needs to be done. If Key becomes our OC, my despondency will reach even higher heights, and it is probably maxxed out right now.

I just cannot believe 2 lower level guys were scapegoated for the worst D GT has ever put on the field (ok, if you want to say "tied" with some other year, fine). I am also beyond sad to know that the "party" atmosphere of this circus will continue - no culture change needed, per TStan and CGC.
Our secondary was clueless this year more so than any other I’ve ever seen.