Staff Changes

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
If they don't hire Zach Kittley from Western Kentucky I am going to lose my ****.... You've got next-gen Leach/Kingsbury/Lincoln Riley sitting there. Throw the kitchen sink at him. He will produce immediate results. They just went 8-4 and totally lit up the scoreboard, including against major teams.
Did he call the plays though? Or did Tyson Helton? I’m genuinely curious.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
There is a difference between being friends with a coach and a coach pushing you to be a better player. I think a lot of people on this staff were more worried about fun than putting together a winning team. Or thought that just having fun would lead to winning. If he is trying to allude that he is angry he is more than welcome to transfer...especially after all the blown coverages he and riq had this season.

A few points here:

Alluding to friendship vs coaching is pure projection on your part.
Players become close to their coaches, otherwise those same coaches wouldn't be very useful as recruiters.
Jaunyeh is graduating and walked on Senior Day.
Maybe your reaction to his tweet says more about your misplaced glee in cheering on people losing their jobs than it says about his bitterness at watching a friend lose his job.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
You don't have an air raid QB on the roster. Sims would fail horribly asked to make those reads
I agree. Air raid would take too long to install for a coach trying to save his job.
Go get Rich Rod from ULM. The man pioneered the zone read spread, and had good numbers with Plumlee at Ole Miss.
he would work wonders with sims speed at QB

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
With the news of Pat being gone, I have set aside a little excitement for a potential hire. I just hope we don’t hire some bozo or a Pat 2.0. But when it comes to decision making at Georgia Tech, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get someone underwhelming.

Same thing for DC. We can’t afford to hire any more slouches on either side of the ball. No more lovey-dovey coaches.

Time will tell soon enough.

Jmonty71

Banned
I may get called crude or hateful. But.... I have absolutely no sympathy for those fired. They had a job and mostly sucked in doing their job. As an OC, your job is to use the weapons, you have and score points. As DC, again use the talent and prevent the other team from scoring. Both coordinators completely failed in doing the job required. I don't care how hard they tried, I don't care about them finding another job. I don't care how it effects them. Its part of doing a job. As I tell my team, if you can't do the job and do it right, there are plenty of other people capable of doing it. So, they failed, bring someone in that CAN do the job. If I were to give Collins any advice, hire good people, train them and let them do their job. It doesn't require micromanaging. It just requires you to ensure they do things right.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With the news of Pat being gone, I have set aside a little excitement for a potential hire. I just hope we don’t hire some bozo or a Pat 2.0. But when it comes to decision making at Georgia Tech, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get someone underwhelming.

Same thing for DC. We can’t afford to hire any more slouches on either side of the ball. No more lovey-dovey coaches.

Time will tell soon enough.
TE and special team coach needs to be looked @ very seriously. ??

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
his salary was $300,000 as qb coach. Been with OSU for 7 years. Let’s go get him.
Question which is more important the OC or QB coach?
I don't have a hot take opinion yet. I am curious of others opinions. Presuming the staffing changes allow, would you rather elevate a new to the position guy, like Corey Dennis, to an OC or would you rather pay up to bring Dennis (or someone like him) to GT as a QB coach to enhance the staff and hire a proven OC?

GiveEmHellTech

Georgia Tech Fan
If they don't hire Zach Kittley from Western Kentucky I am going to lose my ****.... You've got next-gen Leach/Kingsbury/Lincoln Riley sitting there. Throw the kitchen sink at him. He will produce immediate results. They just went 8-4 and totally lit up the scoreboard, including against major teams.
Western Kentucky had immediate and great results with Kittley because they imported the QB and top WR’s from Houston Baptist with him via transfer. Not saying he’s not Lincoln Riley at ECU (who knows), but we would not have the same ability to do that and would see much worse growing pains.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a hot take opinion yet. I am curious of others opinions. Presuming the staffing changes allow, would you rather elevate a new to the position guy, like Corey Dennis, to an OC or would you rather pay up to bring Dennis (or someone like him) to GT as a QB coach to enhance the staff and hire a proven OC?
I’d love to bring Dennis back as a QB coach, but would definitely be weary of promoting him to OC. He has no experience calling plays or running an offense at any level. Maybe we could hire someone with a little more experience and CD could be named Co-OC without play calling responsibilities. He’d probably be a great recruiter here.

I’m hoping TS will be able to leverage the supposedly available buyout fund into more money to hire better assistants. Really try to go all in on the Dabo CEO style with Geoff and rely on good assistants. I do think it could work, but there needs to be some immediate success or the money pool will dry up quickly.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins is in no position to hire an experiment at OC

If its the schummann guy from uga as dc he won’t be on board until after the national title game and we may not even hear about it until after then so it won’t be a distraction to uga

Muschamp is available lol

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So is Thacker staying?
Rumor is only as LB coach but I haven’t heard Anything official yet.

I’d like to think surely our program wouldn’t allow him to remain DC with the results he’s produced. But then again, it wouldn’t surprise me either if they did.