Spring Training 2021

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
With Saban’s winning percentage against his former assistants, it looks like none of his coaching tree practices like him either
Absolutely correct. Until we hire Saban, we will never be great. I say we give up until the Institute puts all their money into hiring him.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I would really be curious if other teams are having issues with WRs not knowing how to line up in spring practice. Is that something an "experienced" -
i.e. not a new transfer to the position- would simply forget in less than 6 months ??? I seriously doubt it. It sounds to me like a lack of focus, something that seemed to plague us
a lot last year. If competition is king as they proclaim, then the person simply not knowing where to line up should be BTL, IMO.
Yes, other teams have the same issue, especially 3 practices into spring practice. Teams are usually rusty and more mistake prone at the beginning of spring practice. You get better as you go. Happens every year with every team.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
IMO, the biggest mistake of spring practice so far was letting the fans watch...
There will always be naysayers.
But I have some great memories watching practice with my brothers, dad, and uncle under multiple coaches. I remember reading TheHive practice threads when I was in middle school and high school. I think this program needs more fan engagement, even if we have some negative stuff said.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We are projecting doom off of the first padded in Spring?!? Geez Louise
I’m one of the biggest Collins homers here. I love everything he is doing but after 2 years of looking like a dumpster fire, yeah maybe his team would show something other than mistakes in a practice. He knows the public is watching on Saturdays. I get that it’s the third practice so let’s see how it looks in 3 weeks.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't matter. We are 3 practices into spring practice. If you were expecting a well oiled machine after 3 practices you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
Please don’t take this as a CPJ/spread-option sucks post, put I have been to several spring games in that era where the Offense looked God-fawking-awful, and that was at the end of spring ball. Be patient and see if these guys progress thru the end of spring fb

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Most spring practices always ugly as hell. CPJ used to open Saturday scrimmages for parents. Which means that your parents can clearly hear when Johnson asks if you "are ****ing blind or something" when you whiff on a LB.

trust me, our 2014 spring practices were a basket case
I was able to attend a Saturday practice back when Tenuta was there too. They didn’t skip the explicatives.