Spring Training 2021

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Didn't see this posted. Apologies if so. Interesting article on LB transfer Eley. Lots of quotes from Eley's dad, who is the HC at Alabama State, interestingly. Some digs at Maryland, where Eley came from. But very complimentary of the culture at Tech:

“[He] can’t wait to get up the next day to go to work, doesn’t want to leave the facility,” Hill-Eley said. “I call him sometimes at 7, 8, 9 at night still watching film. That never happened at the other place. That environment is definitely going to get not just the most out of Ayinde, but probably a lot of those players.”

There was also a shoutout from Eley at Quez Jackson and Charlie Thomas' leadership in the LB group, 'setting the standard'.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck

Didn't see this posted. Apologies if so. Interesting article on LB transfer Eley. Lots of quotes from Eley's dad, who is the HC at Alabama State, interestingly. Some digs at Maryland, where Eley came from. But very complimentary of the culture at Tech:

“[He] can’t wait to get up the next day to go to work, doesn’t want to leave the facility,” Hill-Eley said. “I call him sometimes at 7, 8, 9 at night still watching film. That never happened at the other place. That environment is definitely going to get not just the most out of Ayinde, but probably a lot of those players.”

There was also a shoutout from Eley at Quez Jackson and Charlie Thomas' leadership in the LB group, 'setting the standard'.
What a cool view.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

6-3 240 with some LB athleticism? Hot dam...can't wait!

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
If you can coach and recruit in college sports, you'll have a VERY long and prosperous career. TC can do both, and he has a dynamic personality kids can relate to. There will be a high demand for him from other schools real soon and he'll deserve every bit of it.
100%. We will have to promote and pay him very soon. The guys we have to worry about keeping are TC, Key, and Caralla. The good thing we have going for us regarding TC and Key is that they are home. If Thacker's defense can improve drastically in year three he could become another hot commodity. He's young, can recruit, and relates to the kids very well.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I knew TC when we were both at Tech and can say that he is one of the more genuine dudes I have met. It is no surprise to me that he is continuing to have success in life. I remember him talking about at Tech that no one is promising him anything more than a chance to show what he had to give. He took class and sports in the same way he takes life and is preaching to the guys on our squad. All anyone can ask, is that you get a chance to do your level best, without external impediment. If you let foolish decisions, lack of effort, misplaced confidence in your ability or place in the team get in the way, then get ready to lose your seat at the table.

These lessons are worth their weight in gold beyond the dream of NFL Rosters and all the way down to working a normal job, being a husband or father or brother or son.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Where can I get that hoodie that TC is wearing?I want it!
Simple. File an application to go work for the program. Because they aren't ever selling us the good stuff.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Simple. File an application to go work for the program. Because they aren't ever selling us the good stuff.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

There was an video where CGC walked us through all the things going on inside the program. One of them was custom apparel room where they print and make custom swag for staff and players to wear.

You can always friend the person in charge of making the stuff and slip him some Andrews and Benjamins to make some for you.