Spring Practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
photo gallery from Sat scrimmage:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/view.gal?id=213496

13240516.jpeg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To answer your earlier question, CPJ said everybody is getting reps. If you look at the gallery, you can see a bunch of walkons getting reps, too. If Will was hurt, we likely would have heard about it, we heard about David Curry's hand.
Pretty sure Will is fine.
He was at tackle in previous photo drop.

Will who didnt redshirt in 15 has played a lot so maybe Sewak is having the backups try. I have a sinking feeling. ...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Seems we have an extra couple DL now. As someone mentioned, wouldn't hurt to try a couple of them out. We are dangerously thin on OL.

Not thin by the numbers but thin by experience, a product of not playing some of our backups when there was an opportunity. For example the first backups such as the Morgans (4 years in the system) have almost no PT. Last year Stickler was pressed into starting (also 4 years in the system) and had very little previous PT. Last year we played a frosh and burned his RS but he saw virtually no action in 9 games. If you want depth you have to build it while being smart with some PT.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Seems we have an extra couple DL now. As someone mentioned, wouldn't hurt to try a couple of them out. We are dangerously thin on OL.
In 16 we started 3 true freshman on left side. Two redshirt seniors left at end of year. We have some" big" backups for g c g but are thin at tackle. Need to build depth on right side by end of year. If we start lee, braun, cooper, bryan, marshall/stick, we will surely not need to learn the call. I fear a change at start of year. Then we can have our regularly occurring missed assignments. Please no.

Coachstick12

Georgia Tech Fan

Ponchez-Mason getting time with the 1’s.

Awesome to see Ponchez getting in some good work. Any word on how he is doing this spring? We here in Gallatinare excited and are all looking forward to watching him perform for you guys. I think he will be a fan favorite when you see first hand how hard and aggressive he runs. Thanks in advance for any info.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
DOT! TQM not playing around this year.
Good O or bad D? The continuous dilemma when playing against yourself.

From a defensive perspective, I sure hope we don’t continue to see db’s not turning their heads when the ball’s arriving.

On the flipside, it sure is nice seeing a) a receiver separate, b) good pass pro and c) a ball delivered perfectly on time and in stride.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Awesome to see Ponchez getting in some good work. Any word on how he is doing this spring? We here in Gallatinare excited and are all looking forward to watching him perform for you guys. I think he will be a fan favorite when you see first hand how hard and aggressive he runs. Thanks in advance for any info.
All I’ve heard is CPJ say he’s very good and that he wants to get him the ball this year. He’s at Bback right now but can play A back as well. I hope to see him at Bback this year some.