Spring Practice

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
People are forgetting Charlie Thomas is an early Enrolle true freshman. Aj Gray was 6'2 195 his senior year in high school. Now he is around 225 I would say. I love Thomas to OLB btw
Thomas has a great frame to handle the extra weight too!!! I love his speed rushing the passer and I’m sure he has the ability to take some pressure off of our safeties handling TEs.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm reminded of someone (maybe Spurrier?) saying something similar about running aggressive, blitz heavy defenses. They are either going to score quickly or you're going to get the ball back quickly.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did any of you old gu
Pj with an interesting quote about how there's going to be way less defense
U guys are trying to get me hyped up ! After the last 6 quarters of 17, I have been lower than whale poox.

Could it be one of those seasons where we finish with the " chip still on the shoulder "?. Maybe!

Sorry - can't get on train till I here about passing being important and being done well. Duke and Uga 5 of 22 w 2 int and total yards 120 leaves too big a hole in my heart. Once season starts I'll be all in as usual.

If the defense is aggressive with some turnovers, if the rushing offense is more diversified, and the passing turns up a bit; we could finish strong. U guys are sucking me in!

Did any of you old gu

U guys are trying to get me hyped up ! After the last 6 quarters of 17, I have been lower than whale poox.

Could it be one of those seasons where we finish with the " chip still on the shoulder "?. Maybe!

Sorry - can't get on train till I here about passing being important and being done well. Duke and Uga 5 of 22 w 2 int and total yards 120 leaves too big a hole in my heart. Once season starts I'll be all in as usual.

If the defense is aggressive with some turnovers, if the rushing offense is more diversified, and the passing turns up a bit; we could finish strong. U guys are sucking me in!
Sorry - can't get on train till I here about passing being important and being done well
I've said this before, but although the passing definitely needs to be improved, I am really far more concerned about the pitching. Either TM has got to learn and be willing to pitch the ball more, or there has got to be better blocking on the edge, so that those pitches produce......probably both. If not, then we may be in for another disappointing season, barring the emergence of a super QB (Oliver maybe???)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Thomas has a great frame to handle the extra weight too!!! I love his speed rushing the passer and I’m sure he has the ability to take some pressure off of our safeties handling TEs.

Telvin Smith at fsu was 6'3 220 and I'm sure we would love to have him

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So a simpler D that frees up the players to run and hit.

If they blow us away with success this year I guess we can call the case against Roof closed. If they improve a little I’ll probably be inclined to believe it’s due to improved depth and recruiting. If they are just as bad or worse...Ill assume we just don’t have the horses to get it done.

Never fear though. Worse case scenario the haters can conclude it’s all because of our O scheme. :cigar:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So a simpler D that frees up the players to run and hit.

If they blow us away with success this year I guess we can call the case against Roof closed. If they improve a little I’ll probably be inclined to believe it’s due to improved depth and recruiting. If they are just as bad or worse...Ill assume we just don’t have the horses to get it done.

Never fear though. Worse case scenario the haters can conclude it’s all because of our O scheme. :cigar:[/QUOT
if in the early season heat , the offense does get more touches due to the aggressive defense and the opponents defense gets death marched, the haters complain that Coach should have done this a long time ago. Then after we build depth in o line/wr and win some blow outs in last half of year, they can double down that they knew it all along. .

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
In 1990, we lined up like this
Marvin Williams-- Coleman Rudolph-- Kevin Battle-- Jeremiah McClary-- Marco Coleman
-- OLB ---- DE ---- ------ NT ----- DT -------- OLB

It's hard to label Marco Coleman's position. The guy was such a great athlete he could play DE with a hand on the ground or standing as an OLB. 3-4 or 4-3---depended on the situation. He wasn't a bad cover guy if you wanted to zone blitz.