Spring Practice Who to watch for?

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The new recruits are great additions but won't be here until Summer and we won't know very much about them until Fall practice starts. Who do you see flying under the radar that we expect to come on strong for making us better next year. Or who to keep an eye on in the Spring game. How do you see the Leggets, Juenes, doing this Fall.

I hope this is not too early to start, but hearing all the accolades for those not reporting until Summer, I thought it would be good to hear similar thoughts of guys that have not yet seen the playing field or at least very little PT. Maybe review HS highlights and how we thought they would contribute and where and how do we see them contributing now. Two months to Spring practice lots of time to discuss.

Howell I hope. We need some guys that can fill some big shoes early. Gary brown/Shamire Devine will replace Shaq. With this combo we should be okay as the season goes along.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gary Brown has my attention. Trey Klock will be turned loose to see what he can do, and he should be filled out a little more then. Ricky Jeune might emerge at WR. Qua Searcy should play his way into a rotation at A-back, I believe.

Over on the D, it's time to find out what Francis Kallon can do. Antonio Simmons might surprise. Kendarius Whitehead will hopefully force the issue a bit at end.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Anxious to see if Cerge-Henderson will be in playing shape by the spring game or if he is going to be another September 1st decision.

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree all the redshirts guys from last year! Can't wait to see what they do in the spring game. I think jalen johnson will be anxious to see the field this year at safety! CJ got big shoes to fill. Trey klock, Gary and Qua etc.....

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Want to see Lynn griffin break out, high hopes but not banking on it.
Gary brown, Klock, Andrew Marshall, Legget, a 260 pound KeShun, Howell, Simmons.
Hope Milton can take the next step
DJ White will be scary good this year

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Everyone has already listed everybody I can think of. If I had to just talk about a few guys it would be as follows:

Jabari because he has really gotten big and because of what Shaq said about him.
Gary Brown because he got similar comments from defensive players in practice going against him.
Leggett because he was basically ready to go this past season and CPJ seems to be really high on him.
Whitehead because he was actually my favorite defensive player in his class and if he can clear academic hurtles he will be a monster.
The Austin twins because they will be a year further in their development.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I took following list of FR & RSFR from Roster. Many I have never heard mentioned. 29 FR; 13 RSFR. 42 Total These numbers seem high.

Trey Klock .OL 6-4 273; Casey Wilson LS 6-2 202; Tyler Merriweather DE 6-3 231; Antonio Simmons DL 6-3 228

Step Durham DB 5-11 188; Cheyenne Hunt OL 6-0 245; Matthew Jordan QB 6-2 200; Kevo Yeremian OL 6-4 290

Chase Martenson QB 6-2 201; Jake Whitley OL 6-4 288; Terrell Lewis DL 6-2 227;Lance Austin DB 5-10 187

Zach Matthews DB 6-2 180; Lawrence Austin DB 5-9 184; Trey Smith OL 6-4 255; Andrew Marshall OL 6-4 270

Melvin Davis DB 6-0 194; Qua Searcy WR 5-11 167; Clinton Lynch AB 6-0 181; Tre' Jackson LB 5-10 225

Roderick Tyler DB 5-8 207; Jalen Johnson S 6-3 200; Jake Stickler OL 6-5 261; C.J. Leggett BB 5-10 207

Josh Selembo DB 6-3 179; Shaun Kagawa DB 5-11 202; KeShun Freeman DE 6-1 236; Gary Brown OL 6-3 288

Michael Preddy OL 6-3 274 29 Freshman???

Bennett Barton WR 6-1 202 RS FR; Brady Swilling QB 6-2 213 RS FR; Niko Anderson OL 6-3 277 RS FR

Ricky Jeune WR 6-3 214 RS FR; Eason Fromayan OL 6-4 290 RS FR; Antonio Messick WR 6-3 195 RS FR

Jalen Saunders WR 6-1 188 RS FR; John Marvin DB 6-1 193 RS FR; Corey Griffin DB 6-2 194 RS FR

Ryan Braswell BB 5-11 211 RS FR; Chris Griffin OL 6-6 284 RS FR[ Shamire Devine OL 6-7 365 RS FR

Mitchell Williams OL 6-2 236 RS FR 13 S Freshmen

thwgjacket

Everyone has already listed everybody I can think of. If I had to just talk about a few guys it would be as follows:

Jabari because he has really gotten big and because of what Shaq said about him.
Gary Brown because he got similar comments from defensive players in practice going against him.
Leggett because he was basically ready to go this past season and CPJ seems to be really high on him.
Whitehead because he was actually my favorite defensive player in his class and if he can clear academic hurtles he will be a monster.
The Austin twins because they will be a year further in their development.
Whitehead doesn't have any more academic hurdles. He's good to go.