Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
all of what you say is probably true
BUT so is the fact that PJ PICKED THIS OFFENSE and last yr he had FOUR starting Olinemen.If he can't get it straight with that line,how is experience a factor? And what does it take to get it right?
It takes three things: talent, heart and experience. Last year and now we are missing too many of these things.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It takes three things: talent, heart and experience. Last year and now we are missing too many of these things.
Cheese, Don't be down. I really think we can gel if coach keeps the pedal to metal.

His play calling and some execution and we will suprise big. Hope the d can keep us in games till we gel.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If Shamire doesn't want to play then he Should leave the team.
Griffin got to get right..
They the key.
I totally agree with this. From what little I have seen, Klock has tackle written all over him. Griffin and Shamire have got to get it done. Moving Burden to guard would be stop gap but it all revolves around the two big guys. If they get right, everything else falls in place. IMHO

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
As a former OL, it's not rocket science. You are asked to block one guy every play. Not three, not four, just one. It's all about want to!
There are times where you block one guy and skip to the second level. Not only that, but one play can have so many blocking schemes depending on what the defensive alignment is. Blocking now is a lot more complicated and has become a science.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We're at our best when we can change blocking assignments on the fly and leave the defense scratching their heads. Most D's can adjust once, very few can adjust twice or more.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Correct. We currently have 10 scholarship OL. However, we have 3 coming in. Jahaziel Lee is slotted for OT, IIRC.

and we will discuss this SAME topic again for the 8th year.

5/22 is 23 percent

23 percent of 85 is 19.5

we have a FREAKING problem with how paul is running our program IMO on the lines and I am getting tired of it to be honest. This is every year we are short on OL numbers

this isn't hard. A d1A program needs to have 18+ OL on ship at any one time. But we are stocked at AB again. LOL

we self probate on the OL under paul and in numbers every year it seems.