Spring game thoughts

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Tough to make any big calls off of no tackling and playing against yourself. There were some touch tackles that definitely wouldn’t have been tackles, and some no calls. If Peery was an opposing QB, Mr. Stone was going to break him.

- I like McGowan. I think he’ll be a big weapon for us.
-Peery certainly looks the part. Good arm, elusive.
I think with the move of Knight to QB, the plan is to have Sims backed up by Yates, then have knight as the emergency/wildcat QB. I’m sure we would like to get some separation between Sims and Peery, but if Sims or Yates went down we would probably pull the redshirt.
- Jordan-Swilling is actually a physical runner. If we weren’t so stacked there I would think he’d get some touches. He and Griffin had a few “touch” tackles that I don’t think brings them down.
-Edwards looks like he will get some snaps at safety and maybe nickel this season. Athletic hitter out there.
- Pass pro for Sims looked better, but tough to tell in a game like that. The last drive was what you expect from a star QB.

Can’t really judge either side due to shuttling players and no tackling to the ground. But I like the makeup of this team. If we can stay healthy, and have some guys step up in the front 7 on D, we can be a tough out.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Looked like we were really trying to spread the ball out quite a bit. Targeting the TEs and RBs alot more in pass game. Regarding WRs, Avery Boyd looks the part of a #1 and appeared to be the favorite target there. McGown looks like he will easily fill Browns shoes as the gadget guy on O. Alot of offensive weapons that should be fun to watch. Line battle seemed even keel with O And D winning their fair share. Hard to judge much else with limitations. Qbs and Dbs looked kinda rusty, but too be expected in spring.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Looked like we were really trying to spread the ball out quite a bit. Targeting the TEs and RBs alot more in pass game. Regarding WRs, Avery Boyd looks the part of a #1 and appeared to be the favorite target there. McGown looks like he will easily fill Browns shoes as the gadget guy on O. Alot of offensive weapons that should be fun to watch. Line battle seemed even keel with O And D winning their fair share. Hard to judge much else with limitations. Qbs and Dbs looked kinda rusty, but too be expected in spring.
Forgot about Boyd. I like his makeup a lot. Carter also looked good in limited touches.
I have no worries about WR or RB. Ward made some nice grabs at TE too.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Saw Mason on the sideline. He seemed to be walking with a little bit of a limp, however he was fully dressed out.
Assume that Smith also must have been under the weather or lane. Although I did not look for him on the sidelines.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hope they didn’t practice like this with 2 hand touch. Didn’t help Pastner in the first 2 games.
I don't know cause I don't go to watch practice , bit if they do this in practice I can see why we only won 3 games each year. I don't want to see anyone hurt but .......... Well I'll just wait and see but I still think one day of hitting a week is needed to stay sharp