Spring game thoughts

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
How do you reconcile your statement with the fact the he was signed by the Broncos as a free agent? Either you are right or the scouts for the Broncos are right. It can't be both. I, for one, am of the opinion that the league would have passed on him, even at the UDFA level, if his speed was an issue.

Why bother with facts? It became popular sentiment to dump on Curry and no dose of rational truth could ever quell that. While admittedly not the fastest LB out there, I don't think his speed is an issue, or as you have pointed out, the NFL wouldn't have given him a shot.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Why bother with facts? It became popular sentiment to dump on Curry and no dose of rational truth could ever quell that. While admittedly not the fastest LB out there, I don't think his speed is an issue, or as you have pointed out, the NFL wouldn't have given him a shot.
One could argue that his decision making was a huge problem at times in the run game and pass rushing more than lack of speed

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
One could argue that his decision making was a huge problem at times in the run game and pass rushing more than lack of speed

You could argue that, but almost every review I've seen of his UDFA signing by the Broncos listed his high football IQ as a driving factor.

I'd simply say this. He doesn't have top end NFL speed, but that doesn't make him slow. Average 40 time for an NFL ILB is around 4.75 or so. He's probably near or not too far off that mark.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL. We put one of our defensive players in the NFL and this is the prevailing sentiment:

Man I'm glad he's off the team now. He was really dragging us down...

Sometimes I really worry about us as a fan base...
don't you b**** and complain about basically everything?

You could argue that, but almost every review I've seen of his UDFA signing by the Broncos listed his high football IQ as a driving factor.

I'd simply say this. He doesn't have top end NFL speed, but that doesn't make him slow. Average 40 time for an NFL ILB is around 4.75 or so. He's probably near or not too far off that mark.
You know, there is one thing about using that 40 time as a measure. When last I looked at a football game other than a break away run by a back, a long pass or run by a WR, or a safety running after either the afore mentioned, no one runs 40 yards on a play. Generally maybe 8-10 as defender. Football IQ is the value.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
don't you b**** and complain about basically everything?

No. I've been telling everyone here to give CGC time to get his players in to get his system in place. I defended CPJ. Maybe you should check post history before you assume...

Sorry that your post got singled out for the hypocrisy inherent in it. You aren't the only person to completely dismiss how good a player Curry was.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He‘s had some great games especially late last season, and strangely some of his best were when he was a freshman imo. He’s also had some that made me want to throw my beer bottle thru the tv screen. He may make it as a pro, he‘S got all the heart in the world, is smart and will certainly have a exponentially better DL in front of him and that has to help.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Something that struck me about the spring game this year was it was more structured. Felt like practice then on to a scrimmage. Less entertainment and more serious work.

Sure there was music and Pastner and Fortner made a guest appearance, but overall it seemed more serious to me.