Are you going to the White vs Gold game

• Yes, Go Jackets!

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I think covid + the team being bad under Collins was what killed attendance.

Also a lot of our fanbase is old. We need the team to be good so that students will remain fans once they leave Tech,
Attendance is down across the board in college football - definitely a nationwide trend. I don't think Collins helped by any means. Our school is pumping out more graduates than ever before right now but we are still a small alumni base and I don't think GenZ and football mesh as well as older generations do. I think college football needs to adapt and get away from this 3.5 hour runtime more than anything. Look at the success baseball has had.

That, and Bobby Dodd needs to turn into a destination rather than a place to watch a football game. More bars and social opportunities with a football game in the background. They should study what the Hawks have done at State Farm Arena - I've heard nothing but good things about their fan experience recently.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Attendance is down across the board in college football - definitely a nationwide trend. I don't think Collins helped by any means. Our school is pumping out more graduates than ever before right now but we are still a small alumni base and I don't think GenZ and football mesh as well as older generations do. I think college football needs to adapt and get away from this 3.5 hour runtime more than anything. Look at the success baseball has had.

That, and Bobby Dodd needs to turn into a destination rather than a place to watch a football game. More bars and social opportunities with a football game in the background. They should study what the Hawks have done at State Farm Arena - I've heard nothing but good things about their fan experience recently.
What the hawks did is cool. I still wouldn't go to a hawks game for free lol. But the arena is much nicer than 5 years ago.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

I think that’s what Batt is doing with the block party on North Av. It’s a genius idea and it was really fun last season.