Spring Game: My Thoughts

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
Is it just me, or is that recipe behind a paywall?

Interesting - when I clicked it from my post it went to a pay wall, but when I googled it as "Kevin Gillespie slaw dog recipe" it sent me to the recipe without wall interruption. I have it printed out somewhere at home, so I Googled here to see if I could find it for this thread.

Very serious question: are you willing to share the recipe?

I make excellent slaw, and excellent chili (to my taste buds, anyhow) but neither are really good for chilli slaw dog application.
To be honest, my latest batch of chili was not up to my expectations, but as far as the slaw, just grate some cabbage and add onions and/or green pepper (I skip the mayo). Boil the dogs, warm the buns, and you're good to go.

Is 50yo considered an old fart? Need to know whether to sit or stand, and what music I should be listening to. :happy:
I'm 74 and definitely considered an old fart. I do my thing, and to hell with what others think or say. I bring a 30 year old from my church with me to the games, and he is constantly amazed at my antics, but he doesn't tell me to stop.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Not hard, to be honest...

The recipe I really would like to perfect for tailgating, though, would be my cheddar cheese-jalapeño corn dogs...I stopped working on it when I realized deep-fryers were a no-no at tailgates.:(

Have you messed around with frying them just long enough to get the crust and then cooking them through on a grill in oven mode (fire built all the way against the wall on one side, food all the way on the other, vents open and lid closed)?

I've never done corn dogs, but have had decent results with fries and even onion rings.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
what happens when it rains though?
If it's not lightning about the game is played. A few years back, 2014, it was a monsoon type of rain for awhile.
8c612b055ac6c0646d03fb441708a6ce.jpg

Last edited:
With our luck its probably going to either be during masters week or easter week. If its not, it will probably rain the day of the game.
It would probably never be Masters Week, because there's just too much interest in the tournament both in Atlanta and throughout the state. Plus Tech has golfers in the tournament. It has been on Good Friday at least once before (3 years ago, I think), and attendance was terrible. Of course, it's always bad, but I think it was even worse that year. I was able to go then, but I will not be able to go this year if it's on Good Friday.

GT_receivers

Jolly Good Fellow
It would probably never be Masters Week, because there's just too much interest in the tournament both in Atlanta and throughout the state. Plus Tech has golfers in the tournament. It has been on Good Friday at least once before (3 years ago, I think), and attendance was terrible. Of course, it's always bad, but I think it was even worse that year. I was able to go then, but I will not be able to go this year if it's on Good Friday.
Last year the attendance was bad. I think the new offensive system will draw more fans in.