Spring Game: My Thoughts

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I never understood having the spring game on a Friday night. Getting to Grant Field on a Friday night is a nightmare traffic wise for locals, forget having some in the vicinity making it to the game.

My expectation is a Saturday game with some sort of different entertainment than what we have be accustomed. Make it accessible and an event for all ages.

(Question: Does Waffle House have a food truck? If so, they need to park them at the North Stands)

I will group myself with the old farts, so I do not expect any music that would be interesting to recruits would be something I would enjoy, but the entertainment is not to draw us old farts, but to energize the community and attract recruits. (When I was in school they had the Champagne Jam at Grant Field)

After the Notre Dame basketball game my Tech buddy actually said he was finally interested in attending a spring game. This is a guy who actually goes to every football game and sits in the club level. Just never goes to a spring game. So my experience is that there is getting to be some renewed interest in the program from us old farts.

I never understood having the spring game on a Friday night. Getting to Grant Field on a Friday night is a nightmare traffic wise for locals, forget having some in the vicinity making it to the game.
The first Friday night game was played when the TV show "Friday Night Lights" was a very popular show. The fact that everybody else in the area played theirs on Saturdays was an attempt to do something unique at Tech. Since then, other than the rain-outs, the Friday night games were as well-attended as the Saturday ones.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I was at a game last year standing at the top of a section, looking for a friend who had told me they were in the section. No one is around me and the other friend standing with me, but then all of a sudden an elderly man starts yelling at us from about 20 feet away. "MOVE! YOU ARE BLOCKING THE WIND!" I'm not morbidly obese or a wall capable of blocking wind from that far away, so that got a major eye roll from me. There are definitely a lot of moody old farts at GT games. Been asked to stop standing many times as well.
maybe he meant passing wind? heh

alagold

Helluva Engineer
In 17 of the last 9 completed passes 5 went to gt and 4 to opponents.

I am fine w qb have a bad game but I want them to couple that w great game.

In 68 ish gt qb , Larry good , was so awesome we beat auburn away. He was 25 of like 28 and misses hit guys in helmet. We were woeful but he made games exciting.

Ah, memories. A different world.We had SAT am classes then and I remember sitting in a class with Good and I still think it was a SAT morn class on GAMEDAY. --amazing--

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I really could care less about the festivities before or after the game - do what the kids like.

I am interested in the football product. Is it fundamentally sound? Can our guys adapt quickly? How do any of the redshirts from last year and the early entrants look?

With that said, I do agree with DCS if this stuff is "during the game" or you cannot get away from it at halftime, there will be some donors not too amused. Maybe CGC can convince them to bring their noise cancelling headphones. :)

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
The first Friday night game was played when the TV show "Friday Night Lights" was a very popular show. The fact that everybody else in the area played theirs on Saturdays was an attempt to do something unique at Tech. Since then, other than the rain-outs, the Friday night games were as well-attended as the Saturday ones.

Agree with that, but I personally enjoyed the Saturday games more. A great excuse to eat at the V. Could never get down early enough for the Friday games. There is nothing better than a peach pie!