Spring Game: My Thoughts

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Collins and his guys pump this game up for 2 months solid, making it sound like the 2nd coming of Christ.

Host it on a Saturday, but start the festivities around 3 or 4. I'm talking TI, Andre 3000, Big Boy, Migos get em all down here (unlikely) but lets turn it into an all out party. Put the city on notice way ahead of time and hopefully get some new eyes on the program.

Some of the older fans wont like it, but we gotta focus on the younger generation on this one. Turn the spring game into a fun atmosphere. Idc if it's a glorified practice. No more soggy, friday night scrimmages. Them days are long gone.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Hell yes, lets get it it back on Saturday evening, get some kick *** gourmet food trucks and some craft beer vendors and get a street party going before the game. It would be great too if fans could go on the field after the game to meet and greet with the players and coaches like in the Gailey years.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, most of the guys who write the checks will be turned off and won’t be there. From a recruiting perspective, it sounds good. Recruiting SA’s that is, not high rollers.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on all the marketing and branding work Collins is doing, I would be VERY surprised if there isn't at least a halftime show.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The spring game will be the beginning of CGC’s work in progress on the football team. This work in progress will continue well into next football season.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, most of the guys who write the checks will be turned off and won’t be there. From a recruiting perspective, it sounds good. Recruiting SA’s that is, not high rollers.

Were any of yall there when Big Boi played at halftime of a Thu night VT game (i think?) iv’e never heard SO much moaning and complaining from all the old white dudes around me in my life, it was awesome.

Also the game where VT had some jerseys stolen and wore loaner white GT uni’s, they kicked our tails bigly, that was the night GT fans truly turned on Gailey imo.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If they will pay for chopper.
If they are on Twitter and see the 404 ATL SWAG.
If they are tired of the lowered expectation 's motto of iiwis.

I think they will chip in and make the spring game way less embarrassing .
I assume u are embarrassed by how poorly our s game is attended.

He's still undefeated!

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Were any of yall there when Big Boi played at halftime of a Thu night VT game (i think?) iv’e never heard SO much moaning and complaining from all the old white dudes around me in my life, it was awesome.

Also the game where VT had some jerseys stolen and wore loaner white GT uni’s, they kicked our tails bigly, that was the night GT fans truly turned on Gailey imo.

We were also getting blasted in that game. A few hours later our fans booed a GT produced “don’t drink and drive commercial”. My assumption is everyone that was tanked whipped it home out of spite.

We’re building excitement now, need to ride the wave. The old farts and guys with deep pockets will be happy when we start reeling in higher caliber talent.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Collins and his guys pump this game up for 2 months solid, making it sound like the 2nd coming of Christ.

Host it on a Saturday, but start the festivities around 3 or 4. I'm talking TI, Andre 3000, Big Boy, Migos get em all down here (unlikely) but lets turn it into an all out party. Put the city on notice way ahead of time and hopefully get some new eyes on the program.

Some of the older fans wont like it, but we gotta focus on the younger generation on this one. Turn the spring game into a fun atmosphere. Idc if it's a glorified practice. No more soggy, friday night scrimmages. Them days are long gone.
I'm old fart and it's fine with me, why do y'all think old farts don't like things ? But I would like CCR better :)

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I'm old fart and it's fine with me, why do y'all think old farts don't like things ? But I would like CCR better :)

I'm 28 but have an old soul. I dont even listen to rap myself or country music radio.. but my choices wouldn't be very Popular either lol but I can hear the old heads complaining already about "thugs" and trash music

If it's soggy on a Friday night, you can be pretty much assured it will still be soggy on Saturday, at least the field and the seats, even if it's not raining. I like the Friday night games, but I am also ok with them being on Saturday. As far as "some of the older fans" not liking it, why wouldn't they? I'm one of the oldest posters on this site, and I'm all about new ideas and attracting new fans. I may cringe at some of the music, but even that's not really a big deal. The only new ideas I totally reject are any that move away from our brand, and part of our brand is the White and Gold.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I was at a game last year standing at the top of a section, looking for a friend who had told me they were in the section. No one is around me and the other friend standing with me, but then all of a sudden an elderly man starts yelling at us from about 20 feet away. "MOVE! YOU ARE BLOCKING THE WIND!" I'm not morbidly obese or a wall capable of blocking wind from that far away, so that got a major eye roll from me. There are definitely a lot of moody old farts at GT games. Been asked to stop standing many times as well.

I was at a game last year standing at the top of a section, looking for a friend who had told me they were in the section. No one is around me and the other friend standing with me, but then all of a sudden an elderly man starts yelling at us from about 20 feet away. "MOVE! YOU ARE BLOCKING THE WIND!" I'm not morbidly obese or a wall capable of blocking wind from that far away, so that got a major eye roll from me. There are definitely a lot of moody old farts at GT games. Been asked to stop standing many times as well.
LOL
I stand when things are really getting exciting or the team needs as much visual and vocal support as possible. The only times I ask anyone to sit down is when they are just standing, doing nothing, and blocking the view. If they were yelling or cheering or pounding their feet, it would be fine. But just standing there? Sit the hell down.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

The Spring Game is going to be great with all the enthusiasm injected into the Georgia Tech football program by Geoff Collins and his football staff.