Spring Game Expectations.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Very impressed with Philo, he is a player.
Really happy to see Leo play well, as a receiver and a blocker. I liked Pyron throwing 3 consecutive balls to him near the goal to get Leo a TD reception. First one was a little behind him, very tough catch, well covered. 2nd one was uncatchable throw away, 3rd one was perfect for the TD.

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
For the brief period where we had mostly starters out, (I acknowledge I have very limited football knowledge) it appears the D is significantly improved. From a broad perspective, the score for both teams was lower than last year, despite the offense having the benefit of a full season in the system. The D forced (rather than received) some impressive turnovers, and I saw far fewer missed tackles. Trying to tame my expectations, but I think we may be in for a fun season.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
In case anyone is interested, RR.com has posted game highlights and stats here: https://ramblinwreck.com/2024-white-and-gold-game/

A few interesting stats:
  • Leading WRs performances - R-Fr Chris Elko (5/143), T-Fr Bailey Stockton (4/113). The best veteran performance was Rutherford at 5/50.
  • Leading QBs by yards/TDs - Pyron (194/2), Philo (120/2). King completed 73% of his passes.
  • We spread it around with RBs; none had eye-popping stats but Haynes had the top performance with 44 yards and a TD.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Was it just me or did anyone think Jamal Haynes has changed his body in the off season?
He sure looked like he is more physical and he is still quick with his feet. He showed how strong he is when he carried about 3 or 4 big guys into the endzone last year from about the 5 yd line. He could have a big year.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Carrie is a fine specimen. Couldn’t show much yesterday due to getting hit immediately behind our 2nd line. Jamaal is gonna be a star this. His shiftiness is outstanding and his lower body is so strong to carry a pile like we saw in the bowl game. Rutherford is special is space. I’d love to see a rocket toss to an in motion Rutherford. We are 3 deep with QB’s that can lead us to wins.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Carrie is a fine specimen. Couldn’t show much yesterday due to getting hit immediately behind our 2nd line. Jamaal is gonna be a star this. His shiftiness is outstanding and his lower body is so strong to carry a pile like we saw in the bowl game. Rutherford is special is space. I’d love to see a rocket toss to an in motion Rutherford. We are 3 deep with QB’s that can lead us to wins.
In Efford's post-game interview, he was asked which players on offense give him the most trouble. His answer? Jamal and Rutherford.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Was it just me or did anyone think Jamal Haynes has changed his body in the off season?
I noticed this in a photo earlier in the year. He went from a wide receiver's build to look more like a RB. He is a stud.
This speaks well for our S&C coach, unlike Scooter's choice, and who was the first coach Brent hired after his interim season in 2022.

Last edited: