Spring game 2016

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well rodwell is the best we've got so m glad to have him. Has a couple decent ones now but none earth shattering. Nice pass n catch for TD

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
JeT still doesn't look 100% to me. We seem to still lack continuity on O. I am not sure that was a huge surprise with the position changes, but we really need to have a good fall camp to get the season started in a good direction.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Past the normal praises to kerge and & 2nd team glanton
Other second team
Swilling- stands still and strands tall in pocket. Pass up and out with zip and nice spiral.
(With o line not humming and bb busting we are going to need to make quick passes.)

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
My youngest daughter got really sick in the truck as soon as we were passing turner field this morning and didn't want to chance it so we turned around and headed back home. Just wondering how many people showed up?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Got some sorta inside info from a lady in line today..daughter dates a player...two notes of interest
1. C Griffin at 310 lbs...doctor doesn't like how knee has responded to football and said his career should be done (apparently CPJ wasn't thrilled with that news, not surprising, and I inferred from her comments that CPJ would like a 2nd opinion)
2. ST coach last year was all negative kinda guy, even when players thought they did something well he rode then hard and players apparently disliked and were glad to see him go.
Take both items with a grain of salt as its all 3rd hand info and provably skewed to single player's perspective.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My take from the spring game, and I'm damn sure no expert. The D controlled the game, that's probably what should typically happen in the spring.

I think we have more depth on D from the line, to the backers, and to the secondary. Looks like each group moves well and has good wheels. I think our D could be a good bit better this year.

Offensive line looked sloppy and failed to get push or hold blocks. Passing game was bad outside a couple of decent plays.

We have a very good place kicker. I think we are improved in athleticism and kickoff coverage and returns should improve from that alone. Punter is not consistent and we will be at a disadvantage in most games in punt coverage. We should be able to field a good punt return team.

Having said all that I'm fairly optimistic we will be improved overall. The O won't be worse than last year, that's a definite in my mind but not much comfort if not better than last year. Oline has a ways to go still but I think they will improve from last year. How much is the million dollar question. I feel confident the Bbacks and abacks will be solid, I like their athleticism. WR is still a concern as we seemed hard pressed to get any separation.

Final prognosis at moment....looked like a team capable of winning 6-9 games depending on the breaks.