Spread Option Offense Part 1

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I think JT is a helluva prospect but I simply have no idea what our passing game will look like with him. This year, it was mostly roll outs/half rolls with turn protection...I guess to get him on the edge to (a) see better and (b) run if nothing's there. We did that with Vad his first year a decent amount too.

We probably ran the simple version of the Smash combo more than anything else with JT this year...outside receiver runs a hitch, inside WR or AB runs a corner route. Easy binary read on that.

I'd like to take advantage of Smelter/Waller/Autry. I don't think JT has a 65 yard arm like Vad, but we still need to at least threaten with the deep ball.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think JT is a helluva prospect but I simply have no idea what our passing game will look like with him. This year, it was mostly roll outs/half rolls with turn protection...I guess to get him on the edge to (a) see better and (b) run if nothing's there. We did that with Vad his first year a decent amount too.

We probably ran the simple version of the Smash combo more than anything else with JT this year...outside receiver runs a hitch, inside WR or AB runs a corner route. Easy binary read on that.

I'd like to take advantage of Smelter/Waller/Autry. I don't think JT has a 65 yard arm like Vad, but we still need to at least threaten with the deep ball.
A good place to start would be watching film of Joe Hamilton, given he and JT are about the same size.