Speculating on Emergency Personnel

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Haven't agreed with much of anything you have said on here lately, but I agree with everything you just said in this post.

(EDIT): Except the gloom and doom about this season. I agree that guys need to stay put for the most part at their positions, but I believe we will still have a successful season, regardless.

Reading comprehension is hard for people on this board. Cheese makes stuff up to fit his narrative. I said that there is a point where doing what's best for the program, which is Johnson's number 1 responsibility, is playing for the future. I never said we are at that point now. We still have plenty of non emergency options at the position before we get to the scenario in this topic. But IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF we get to the point where we are considering moving any of those 3 then yes, we are at that point. Do I need to put another IF for people to understand that I'm not saying we are at that point now? Just like the doom and gloom IF IF IF IF IF IF Thomas goes out. But hey, here's a secret. We aren't at that point either. We can still salvage this year without making any emergency moves if other things are handled. But if injuries continue to ransack the team, which is the premise of this entire thread, then there is a point where you aren't going to salvage the year regardless of what emergency player you shove into the role. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF that comes to be, then you absolutely do what's best for the future.

As far as the seniors go. I'm extremely grateful for those that have spent 4+ years here trying to make this program as good as it can be. However nobody is owed anything that requires sacrificing the long term good of the program for. And no, doing whatever it takes to win the very next game is not always what's best for the program. That's short sighted.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Hey bud, I agreed with your general premise. Get a life. This is an internet message board.

That wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the people who have repeatedly who have either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresented what I said to attack a straw man, and are doing the same thing in this thread.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the people who have repeatedly who have either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresented what I said to attack a straw man, and are doing the same thing in this thread.
If the straw fits...

ME_463_StrawMan.png

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Whatever the case, I just want a few guys at the position who can be physical and B-L-O-C-K!!! Dumping guys on their heads is THE most important part of the position. I LOVE good runners and catchers too, BUT if we don't B-L-O-C-K out there, we are in trouble. When considering position moves and the like, we must consider first, can they put agile and tough people on the ground?

Last edited: