Special Teams Coordinator

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
They know the business & what they signed up for.... it sucks for them personally, but they'll land somewhere else in the next cycle.

Maybe Coleman goes back to being a Financial Planner/Stock Analyst like he was before he got into coaching.... just sayin'.....
The $450,000K salary makes it easier to wait out a cycle for Coleman and Schear. $650,000 for Thacker is a very nice salary. Most of us never earned that in Salary for 1 year!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I'm fine with all of Key's decisions on the defensive coaches. But I have to say I do not understand his decision on Marco after bringing him back for only one year and knowing his coaching ability after working with him previously. Just is puzzling to me because I do not know all the facts, and I must say I don't need to know all the facts.
Looking forward to the possibility of seeing an improved D next year in all phases.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'm fine with all of Key's decisions on the defensive coaches. But I have to say I do not understand his decision on Marco after bringing him back for only one year and knowing his coaching ability after working with him previously. Just is puzzling to me because I do not know all the facts, and I must say I don't need to know all the facts.
Looking forward to the possibility of seeing an improved D next year in all phases.
Maybe after the first go 'round Key decided to give Coleman the benefit of the doubt. But after 'round #2 he decided it was best to move on.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the new DC had his say on who he wanted. Honestly, our D-line performed the best the one year Marco was gone. Might be more about the players we had, but something to consider

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Could be all of the above or it even could be Marco wants to move on from coaching. If I had to guess though, I lean toward new DC's decision, as mTodd suggested.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the new DC had his say on who he wanted. Honestly, our D-line performed the best the one year Marco was gone. Might be more about the players we had, but something to consider
My opinion, I think Key kept all four coaches on staff until the new DC had a chance to decide whether he wanted to retain any of them (probably on Coleman and Sherrer, but maybe the other two, as well). the new DC took a pass and they were all turned loose.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Besides coaching the 2nd most important job is RECRUITING.They must not have been strong enough in that area to compensate for the dreadful on field performance.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
My take on Thacker is that he is a decent recruiter but too soft to be an on-field coach, at least in a P5 conference.
But wouldn't mind seeing him reuniting with his buddy Scooter at UNC. :)