• USF by 7-13

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • USF by 14+

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I agree with those who are predicting a close game. I think Clemson could have embarrassed us more, if 52-14 was not embarrassing enough. And I fear we
(team included) are banking too much on USF being horrible.
Exhibit A in 2018:
Tech comes off frustrating loss to USF 49-38
Pitt gets humiliated by PSU @ home 51-6.
I remember everyone posting, Pitt is horrible, we will win BIG.
Anyone remember what happened ?
My guess is an UGLY Tech win 17-13. With a weak pass rush against a Sr. QB, they will dink and dunk their way to lots of ball control.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As my long-standing superstition demands (I have broken it a few times, and it is NOT a good idea), I will not make a prediction, but I will say this. If we play with the same effort, minimum penalties, and few turnovers, I think we have a great shot tomorrow to take home the W. I know a lot of you would probably say that is "always true", but it was not true last week.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with those who are predicting a close game. I think Clemson could have embarrassed us more, if 52-14 was not embarrassing enough. And I fear we
(team included) are banking too much on USF being horrible.
Exhibit A in 2018:
Tech comes off frustrating loss to USF 49-38
Pitt gets humiliated by PSU @ home 51-6.
I remember everyone posting, Pitt is horrible, we will win BIG.
Anyone remember what happened ?
My guess is an UGLY Tech win 17-13. With a weak pass rush against a Sr. QB, they will dink and dunk their way to lots of ball control.

I think the same could be said that if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot it could have been a closer game with Clemson. Don't muff the punt, get behind the chains after a long run that took the wind out of the crowd, tackle ETN on the long run, and punch it in from the 2 it is all a different game.

Deleted member 2897

As of right now, not 1 single vote predicting a USF win. MIND RITE.

I’m seeing a lot of 5-15 point margin predictions, which to me seems totally reasonable when you look at how both teams are playing. No unwarranted pessimism and no homer 70-0 predictions. Crazy to think we all seem pretty rational right now! :D

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
GT 42-14

I think we can run well against Clemson in first half. We give up 2 TDS off of mistakes on D.

I think we see some more pass attempts in second half...

Jmonty71

Banned
USF concerns me in that they have a QB with experience, and because of their losing streak.

Nobody loses forever.

We need strong ST and we need to create TOs.

Need a breakout game by a receiver- 150 to 200 yards individually combined with 250 or more rushing yds by the gang
That requires us to throw for 250 yards. Don't see that happening.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As my long-standing superstition demands (I have broken it a few times, and it is NOT a good idea), I will not make a prediction, but I will say this. If we play with the same effort, minimum penalties, and few turnovers, I think we have a great shot tomorrow to take home the W. I know a lot of you would probably say that is "always true", but it was not true last week.
How about this for a prediction? We will have ZERO penalties and ZERO turnovers tomorrow. #BookIt

That said, I expect it'll be harder for us to duplicate those outcomes when we play USF on Saturday. ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It will be 94 degrees and lite mw wind at 4 pm . Moving seats up nearer concession stand looking like a good idea.

Assuming Charlie Strong continues his excellent coaching ,we have this game won.

SINCE
Per interview of Mike Minihan we practice so fast w so many reps the game seems slow.

Our players seem to be in peak physical condition and tackles seem harder.

Our coaches are commited to playing lots of players at scripted game dependent times.

WE PULL AWAY FOR SOLID VICTORY by 21 : gr 35 usf 14 high lited by error free second half.

THEN THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPENS
The swarm members graciously give the players and coaches credit.

GT_EE78

Banned
Defense leads the way to a 27-13 victory. Harvin helps with field position.
Oliver will score the first TD on a jet sweep from the slot position.
Graham & Johnson pass for abt 70yds each on <50% completions.
Yates debut is delayed by a week.
mason/howard/griffin rush for 60 yds each
Complainers will rejoice as no one will know who QB/RB will start against Citidel.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that we aren’t playing world beaters, welcome to the real game 1 of the Collins era.

I think both offenses rebound. USF hits some explosive plays. GT offensive production cranks up, but we end up having to trade a couple of TDs for field goals due to growing pains.

GT 27 - USF 21