South Bend here I come.

Animal02

Banned
I've been told multiple times by various ND alum that you can get tickets to the game right before the game at face value. If it's a really nice day, then you may need to get them about an hour before kickoff, maybe slightly above face value. They all said that ND tix are the highest priced tix on places like stubhub and other resale sites, because no one wants to make the drive down from Chicago without tickets in-hand. You're not likely to get more than 2 together, but there you have it.
Ticket prices for most venues drop significantly right before the start. The question is do you want to spend the two hours before the game trying to secure a ticket to save $100. or would you rather spend the time tailgating and or enjoying the pre frame festivities.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ticket prices for most venues drop significantly right before the start. The question is do you want to spend the two hours before the game trying to secure a ticket to save $100. or would you rather spend the time tailgating and or enjoying the pre frame festivities.
No, I'm going to take my boys, tailgate with friends and then get tickets into the game right before. If we don't get in, then we'll watch the game on a wide screen and cheer hard. I'll be driving down from Chicago, so there's no expense except for gas and parking.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
My wife, myself, and another couple will be flying in on that Thursday night. Where would you recommend staying? I have no clue. Thanks for any info.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of unlisted B&Bs on the Southside. Just go there and start knocking on doors.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Crap, my first and second leads for tix disappeared, looks like I'll be watching this one from home unless I can figure out an alternative pretty quick. The problem in waiting for the price to come down is that the price of flights will only increase the longer I wait and the availability of accommodations dries up, too.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Does anyone know if there are places around South Bend to watch the game if we don't get a ticket? Right now I'm thinking of doing the weekend in Chicago and taking the train to SB where we could tailgate and see the campus. If tickets don't become available I of course still want to be able to watch the game.

Animal02

Banned
Does anyone know if there are places around South Bend to watch the game if we don't get a ticket? Right now I'm thinking of doing the weekend in Chicago and taking the train to SB where we could tailgate and see the campus. If tickets don't become available I of course still want to be able to watch the game.
Tickets will be available..... It will depend on how much you want to pay. :sick:. Downtown there wasn't much....do not know about north of campus

quadf

Georgia Tech Fan
Can someone going to the game do me a huge favor? Please take a sign that says "Beat the hell out of Brian VanGorder".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can someone going to the game do me a huge favor? Please take a sign that says "Beat the hell out of Brian VanGorder".

Or better yet, just beat the hell out of Brian Van Gorder.

(and yes, I got the reference)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if I'm going to the game yet, but incase I do I have a quick question. Do students get tickets on discount if they don't have season tickets? I know someone that's goes to tech but does not have tickets. So would he be able to get them cheap for me?

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
If you are flying into Chicago.... stay there.....I chech a couple of weeks ago and a holiday inn express was going for $400 a night in S.B.
Agree. We are flying into O'Hare and are staying at the Westin that's not to far from there. Pricelined it for $74. The rates in SB were ridiculous.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone posted on here what sections the visiting teams usually are given at ND stadium. Can that person please post that information again? Thanks.
I talked to ND ticket office this morning and they told me visiting fan sections are normally section 114,115,and 116.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
A student from ND said that they are not available to them yet? Do they hold a certain amount for students that they sell later?