some good news about Sims from his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we cant call plays so he can throw from the pocket and put less stress on his foot.
The injury bug hit the ol hard a few tears ago and exposed our lack of depth.
Now its hit the qb room. At least we found a freshman that can grow to be a good qb i.e. w different skill sets.

I hope jeff gets well enough soon - his skill set is special.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
That's fine and all, but he should be dressed if he can't play. This was clearly an 'emergency' situation. If he wasn't able to go in for this, then there was no reason for him to not be in street clothes. And apparently the coaches did not know that he could not play before that moment

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I would like to think this is the whole story: not healthy...couldn't play, etc.

Then I remember what IHCBK said at the press conference TWICE: "He wasn't ready to go. I'll leave it at that." He chose his words VERY carefully. Meaning that there was more that COULD be said, but he wasn't going to say it.

Not ready physically? That could be said. Not ready mentally or emotionally? That isn't (normally) going to be said by a coach at a press conference.

Couldn't play or wouldn't play? Or something else we don't know?

Clearly, there is a disconnect between coach and player on whether or not the player should be on the field.

I'll just leave it at that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is the guy some posters here were saying was telling him to go in the game... hmmmm.... wonder which story is true.

Shame on GT fans.
It's possible that both things are true. Maybe he was telling him to go in, but now he realizes he wasn't physically ready. Just sayin'...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I would like to think this is the whole story: not healthy...couldn't play, etc.

Then I remember what IHCBK said at the press conference TWICE: "He wasn't ready to go. I'll leave it at that." He chose his words VERY carefully. Meaning that there was more that COULD be said, but he wasn't going to say it.

Not ready physically? That could be said. Not ready mentally or emotionally? That isn't (normally) going to be said by a coach at a press conference.

Couldn't play or wouldn't play? Or something else we don't know?

Clearly, there is a disconnect between coach and player on whether or not the player should be on the field.

I'll just leave it at that.

The other side of that is if Jeff Sims and his family didn't give permission to release specific medical details, Key wouldn't have been allowed to elaborate. Key isn't the most eloquent speaker, so his "I'll leave it at that" could have just been his way to tell the press "I can't get specific Jeff's injury".

I think we'll all know the truth eventually. At this moment, just my personal opinion, it's always best to err on the side of NOT denigrating a player.

JacketFan137

Banned
That's fine and all, but he should be dressed if he can't play. This was clearly an 'emergency' situation. If he wasn't able to go in for this, then there was no reason for him to not be in street clothes. And apparently the coaches did not know that he could not play before that moment
ultimately it’s all pedantic and different staffs probably have different explanations as to what is and isn’t emergency. from my understanding from most nfl games when you see situations like that emergency means there was literally no one left to play qb and you send a guy with a bum leg out there after the first two guys on the roster get ruled out for whatever reason.

so to me sims was never supposed to go in unless gibson was hurt as well. unsure about taisun since it’s been pretty quiet on his front this season

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I would hope he was asked if he felt he could go in and he told them his foot injury was still too painful. Difficult to run, plant, cut, or push off on a sore foot.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is the guy some posters here were saying was telling him to go in the game... hmmmm.... wonder which story is true.

Shame on GT fans.
i really don’t want to see comments from certain users about how trash fanbases like auburn, bama, etc are. calling a kid a quitter like that, and some of the absolutely out of control comments i have seen on our facebook group is genuinely embarrassing.

that **** gets back to the players and if people ever needed a reminder then here it is. not only that but the rumors circulating him transferring and stuff were universally followed with nasty comments calling him a quitter saying he sucked etc.

by and large i think this whole thing is a product of people that have been wanting to run sims off for a while and they saw an opportunity and jumped on it. grown men saying **** like that about a kid that can’t even legally drink lol

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
ultimately it’s all pedantic and different staffs probably have different explanations as to what is and isn’t emergency. from my understanding from most nfl games when you see situations like that emergency means there was literally no one left to play qb and you send a guy with a bum leg out there after the first two guys on the roster get ruled out for whatever reason.

so to me sims was never supposed to go in unless gibson was hurt as well. unsure about taisun since it’s been pretty quiet on his front this season
Exactly. I don't get what's so hard about this concept.

Also, the people spreading these rumors aren't just disparaging the kid, they're disparaging the staff by implying they're putting up with it. I challenge anyone who knows Key to imagine a scenario where the rumors are true and he's still letting the kid stay on the team much less into the offensive huddle and give advice to the other QBs. Doesn't match the guy's personality at all.

JacketFan137

Banned
Grown men shouldn't be tweeting at college kids and their families anyhow. It's creepy...it's even creepier when a grown man tweets at a high school recruit. Just don't do it.
idk i tweeted at synjyn days that i wanted to see them beat miami and uga in 2014 cause our senior class hadn’t done it yet. he replied “no doubt” and did it. i was still in college at the time but i take all the credit for the 2014 season 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.