Solution to all these cancellations in the future

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don't get why they could not switch who was the home team, change it to Atlanta this year and the return be at Orlando.
The answer is that the UCF team scattered to go help their families prepare for the storm. Many of the players did not get back to campus until yesterday, and some not until today. They would have done zero prep for the game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The answer is that the UCF team scattered to go help their families prepare for the storm. Many of the players did not get back to campus until yesterday, and some not until today. They would have done zero prep for the game.

They didn't get back until now because they weren't asked to be back until now. Safety gone wild at UCF. Isn't USF hosting a game Thursday night?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
They didn't get back until now because they weren't asked to be back until now. Safety gone wild at UCF. Isn't USF hosting a game Thursday night?
Half of Florida is without power and were on the road yesterday. Y'all must not have suffered like South GA. Lot of our county doesn't have power, and our schools have been cancelled all week. Some people need to get a life. Im setting here without AC while I type this after spending all week cleaning up down trees.

northgajacket

Banned
Half of Florida is without power and were on the road yesterday. Y'all must not have suffered like South GA. Lot of our county doesn't have power, and our schools have been cancelled all week. Some people need to get a life. Im setting here without AC while I type this after spending all week cleaning up down trees.

My parents are projected to be without power until Sunday in North Ga. Haven't had it since Monday.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Don't fall for UCF's spun story . UCF didn't want to play this game, and they used the storm as an excuse to get out of it. UCF football is the only team in the entire state that dispersed it's players for the storm. Why? Because that makes no sense what so ever to put your player's in a more dangerous situation. And that's the reason USF is able to host a game tonight, and UCF cancels their game on Saturday. There were never any considerations for moving the game up to Atlanta:

Deleted member 2897

There is a lot of false information in this thread.

First, 70% of those without power in the Orlando area had it back after the first day's work by the crews. This is largely the metro area, and those remaining without power are out in the country. (Half the people lost power, meaning after only 1 day's work by the power crews, 85% of people had power. I would guess if you are talking in or near the city it was probably 95%+)

UCF had power Monday and their full campus, dorms, health center, dining halls, etc. have all been open.

Other UCF sports teams stayed on campus, and the soccer team was actually going to play a game TODAY, but had to cancel Wednesday when their opponent had trouble getting back from Arizona.

Other teams in the area are playing this weekend. Florida just over in Gainesville is playing. South Florida in Tampa is playing TODAY. FAMU is playing in Tampa tomorrow.

Danny White did a radio interview yesterday. He basically said that the storm was projected to be so bad that they assumed the worst and wrote the game off a week ahead of time. (Not verbatim but in not so many words.) Kelly Quinlan's conversation with GT and UCF folks confirmed this - way early we offered to flip the game and they said no. He let some players leave, they didn't schedule practices, they invited the National Guard in, and so on. Once they realized the storm wasn't nearly as bad as they thought, it was too late. They could indeed play, everything was fine, campus was in great shape, but they didn't leave themselves enough time to prepare for the game. He was asked directly on the radio interview why not just play in the Citrus Bowl. His answer was prep time.

They have been back at practice now as you see in the pictures. As early as Tuesday, folks have been posting pictures of their facilities and you couldn't even find a stray leaf on the ground. They just really didn't want to play and didn't want to plan on playing, and made so many decisions in that direction that once it became obvious they actually could quite easily play, they had put themselves behind the 8 ball in game prep. That's crazy, and their players and fans are irate about it, but it is what it is.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
There is a lot of false information in this thread.

First, 70% of those without power in the Orlando area had it back after the first day's work by the crews. This is largely the metro area, and those remaining without power are out in the country. (Half the people lost power, meaning after only 1 day's work by the power crews, 85% of people had power. I would guess if you are talking in or near the city it was probably 95%+)

UCF had power Monday and their full campus, dorms, health center, dining halls, etc. have all been open.

Other UCF sports teams stayed on campus, and the soccer team was actually going to play a game TODAY, but had to cancel Wednesday when their opponent had trouble getting back from Arizona.

Other teams in the area are playing this weekend. Florida just over in Gainesville is playing. South Florida in Tampa is playing TODAY. FAMU is playing in Tampa tomorrow.

Danny White did a radio interview yesterday. He basically said that the storm was projected to be so bad that they assumed the worst and wrote the game off a week ahead of time. (Not verbatim but in not so many words.) Kelly Quinlan's conversation with GT and UCF folks confirmed this - way early we offered to flip the game and they said no. He let some players leave, they didn't schedule practices, they invited the National Guard in, and so on. Once they realized the storm wasn't nearly as bad as they thought, it was too late. They could indeed play, everything was fine, campus was in great shape, but they didn't leave themselves enough time to prepare for the game. He was asked directly on the radio interview why not just play in the Citrus Bowl. His answer was prep time.

They have been back at practice now as you see in the pictures. As early as Tuesday, folks have been posting pictures of their facilities and you couldn't even find a stray leaf on the ground. They just really didn't want to play and didn't want to plan on playing, and made so many decisions in that direction that once it became obvious they actually could quite easily play, they had put themselves behind the 8 ball in game prep. That's crazy, and their players and fans are irate about it, but it is what it is.
It pretty much exposes them for the bush league team that they are.:rolleyes: UCF needs to be in the Sunbelt however I think they would get their arses kicked by Appalachian State and Arkansas State.:LOL:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lots of criticism levied toward UCF on their decision to NOT play our game this week. There appears to be a very small number of options for Ga Tech to pursue adding a game on Oct 7th. Does this have any chance of occurring? I try to be an objective participant of this forum. I wonder if those so highly critical of UCF's decision (i.e. they just didn't want to lose and/or deal with the difficulty of preparing for our team under the circumstances)... would be willing to be equally "serious" about Ga Tech traveling to Indiana or South Florida in order to fill out a 12 game schedule? I have not seen anything leading me to believe Tech is pursuing adding a game on Oct 7th...so, this is likely now a hypothetical discussion. For the sake of the discussion... let's assume Ga Tech and IU or USF could get around any logistical or financial obstacles and schedule a game on Oct 7th. It seems to me the only "logical" conclusion for Tech NOT taking part would be they don't want to lose the advantage of getting a BYE before playing Miami while they (Miami) play FSU the week prior (Oct 7th)... which is eerily similar logic many are accusing UCF of using (internally) to cancel this week's game against us.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...me-canceled-rescheduled-2017-georgia-tech-usf

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...uling-could-the-bulls-improvise-a-makeup-game

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lots of criticism levied toward UCF on their decision to NOT play our game this week. There appears to be a very small number of options for Ga Tech to pursue adding a game on Oct 7th. Does this have any chance of occurring? I try to be an objective participant of this forum. I wonder if those so highly critical of UCF's decision (i.e. they just didn't want to lose and/or deal with the difficulty of preparing for our team under the circumstances)... would be willing to be equally "serious" about Ga Tech traveling to Indiana or South Florida in order to fill out a 12 game schedule? I have not seen anything leading me to believe Tech is pursuing adding a game on Oct 7th...so, this is likely now a hypothetical discussion. For the sake of the discussion... let's assume Ga Tech and IU or USF could get around any logistical or financial obstacles and schedule a game on Oct 7th. It seems to me the only "logical" conclusion for Tech NOT taking part would be they don't want to lose the advantage of getting a BYE before playing Miami while they (Miami) play FSU the week prior (Oct 7th)... which is eerily similar logic many are accusing UCF of using (internally) to cancel this week's game against us.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...me-canceled-rescheduled-2017-georgia-tech-usf

https://www.thedailystampede.com/20...uling-could-the-bulls-improvise-a-makeup-game

I'd be in favor of playing either

Indiana has already scheduled Charleston Southern for Oct 7. Seems I heard USF already has a game too, but not sure about that.