Solution to all these cancellations in the future

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The NCAA needs to extend season by one week to allow for most cancellations to be played. Pretty simple really. Either after most games are played or have a bye week for all teams around game 9 or ten.

Heard this idea this morning on SXM 84. The problem is let's say we would have had the chance to make up the UCF game 1st week of December. Do we really want to play a meaningless game after COFH? If it was a conference game then I get it, like we had to do in 2001. Fla State after COFH. Better solution, require all Fla teams to have a bye scheduled in September and then require them to play 75% of their games out of state. Also no conference games allowed in September.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Heard this idea this morning on SXM 84. The problem is let's say we would have had the chance to make up the UCF game 1st week of December. Do we really want to play a meaningless game after COFH? If it was a conference game then I get it, like we had to do in 2001. Fla State after COFH. Better solution, require all Fla teams to have a bye scheduled in September and then require them to play 75% of their games out of state. Also no conference games allowed in September.

If, God forbid, we only have 5 wins after beating u[sic]ga, then yes, I'd like to play ucf that weekend.

northgajacket

Banned

I just don't get why they could not switch who was the home team, change it to Atlanta this year and the return be at Orlando.

This was the obvious answer. Wish we had more insight into why this didn't work out.
What I read was that Frost had let his players leave school and now he can't get them back until today or tomorrow and does not want to play against us and CPJ with little practice.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This was the obvious answer. Wish we had more insight into why this didn't work out.

Classes at UCF don't restart until Thursday. They don't expect the players back until Wed. The National Guard is/was using their facilities for uncertain amount of time to stage recovery/relief efforts. It is entirely possible that the houses of some players families were flooded. If that happened, I would expect those players to remain assisting their families instead of rushing back to the team.

While I enjoy watching football, I realize that it is nowhere near the most important thing in the world. UCF might have been able to get the game in down there or up here. However, I am not going to criticize a school or a coach for putting the players and the players families first. I'm certain that UCF does not know the condition of all of the families of all of the students. I doubt that the athletic department knows in detail the condition of all of the football players families. They might be leaning too far towards safety, but I would rather have coaches do that than lean too far towards recklessness.