So who leaves? Attrition.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t agree with that at all. First of all Allen had 1000 yards in a more traditional RB role before he came.

We’ve had multiple “good” BBs since and none have done anything since leaving. It generally does not translate.
When you say leaving are you talking about going to the nfl or other colleges

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The 2016 gt projected ol were:

How many attrited for medical? name them?

Of the others how many left
Coaching transition attrition is it's own animal. CGC's real attrition level starts after yr 1, imo. Like I've said in the past, reasons for guys leaving is crucial. Certain things are beyond a coach's control. Other things, not so much.

We are now that we are no longer circling the drain yelling at each about the possible improper words in the unknown talk.
The specific attrition / injury history of the 2016 ol guys is pretty discouraging. The ol guys are driven tough dudes.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Quaide, richard Watson, lands Davis, custis (never got in), cj leggett

Interesting we never recruited a BB that stuck and had played there for 4 years. Most transferred out early or got moved; the better BBs were position switches from where the started (sims, days, laskey)

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Coaching transition attrition is it's own animal. CGC's real attrition level starts after yr 1, imo. Like I've said in the past, reasons for guys leaving is crucial. Certain things are beyond a coach's control. Other things, not so much.

And how was this "first year" rule applied to CCG and CPJ?

We need to get about 25 commitments to cover someone that changes their mind and for the average attrition we experienced up to this point.

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Attrition Medical - injured on field unable to return. Career ending.
year name position
18 gray d b
18 stickler
16 whitehead DE
16 Whitley OL
16 Griffin OL
15 Bringham OL
14 Roberts OL
12 Burnett Lb
11 Mc Coy DL
10 Leslie DB

Fewer than i thought overall but much more concentrated than in ol than i thought - 1 per year in last 5 years.

Teansfers

2018 0
2017. 4 undergrad Transfers and 1 Grad (quit) go play at another school.
2016 5 undergrad Transfers and 3 team violations
2015 0
2014 5 undergrad Transfers and 3 team violations.
About 3 transfers per year.

2019 5 Transfers and 1 grad quit to play at another school.

2020 and 21 -sorry cheese my transfer numbers estimate is 5 ish --- DUE TO RISING OF THE ATL. Happens as the overall player increases.

Last edited:

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Mm had some injuries
Q was 3rd string
Mld played big AB
Cjl never played a down

All were recruited to play BB and transferred. Most never saw the field at their next schools, (West Georgia, North Florida, Mercer) only Marcus Marshall had success post GT.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean I like Benson and all but these guys are taking some huge leaps. Mason and Howard did fine last season and some would argue are better suited for this offense.
I think Benson is better than the other guys. He started in front of them for a reason and he made All-ACC for a reason. Those other guys have not sniffed All-ACC. Benson loss is disappointing and would like to know more why he is transferring.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Attrition Medical - injured on field unable to return. Career ending.
year name position
18 gray d b
18 stickler
16 whitehead DE
16 Whitley OL
16 Griffin OL
15 Bringham OL
14 Roberts OL
12 Burnett Lb
11 Mc Coy DL
10 Leslie DB

Fewer than i thought overall but much more concentrated than in ol than i thought - 1 per year in last 5 years.

Teansfers

2018 0
2017. 4 undergrad Transfers and 1 Grad (quit) go play at another school.
2016 5 undergrad Transfers and 3 team violations
2015 0
2014 5 undergrad Transfers and 3 team violations.
About 3 transfers per year.

2019 5 Transfers and 1 grad quit to play at another school.

2020 -sorry cheese my transfer numbers estimate is 5 ish DUE TO RISING OF THE ATL. Happens as the overall player increases.

Weve also had guys move on early to start careers, not sure how many. There was the one starting OL that didnt return for his SR year because he joined a NASCAR pit crew--one of the stranger attrition cases I can think of.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Weve also had guys move on early to start careers, not sure how many. There was the one starting OL that didnt return for his SR year because he joined a NASCAR pit crew--one of the stranger attrition cases I can think of.
Eason Fromayan. And Gary Brown quit to draw cartoons. We were really snakebit with OL attrition from 14-16

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I think Benson is better than the other guys. He started in front of them for a reason and he made All-ACC for a reason. Those other guys have not sniffed All-ACC. Benson loss is disappointing and would like to know more why he is transferring.
I’ve posted somewhere before but my guess is there are 2 reasons. First the injury put him behind about 4 guys who now have experience in the offense. He might move past them in the fall but none of us really know whether he will be full strength or not. Second if he thinks he will be ready to go and needs a big year to catch the eye of the NFL he may feel a team with a clear need and with a more established OL will give him a better shot. Our guys may do fine but no one knows at this point and it seems clear the plan is to use multiple backs to play fast and keep them fresh. That means fewer touches. I don’t think it’s a shock and hope he chooses well to finish his career.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
All were recruited to play BB and transferred. Most never saw the field at their next schools, (West Georgia, North Florida, Mercer) only Marcus Marshall had success post GT.
They didn’t do much at Gt and not much where they transferred, how does prove that a bb can’t play in other systems?