So who leaves? Attrition.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
If you go back to the spring interview with CTC, it sounded (to me) like KB would have a difficult road ahead. A reporter interpreted that as KB had the RB slot locked up. Just my view, I think we're going to have a heavy dose of Griffin and Mason this year, with Howard being a heavy situational back or when we go to 2 RBs.

Thanks KB for what you've put into playing at GT. There were a LOT of hard roads for you even get on the field. Wish him the best and hope he finds a good fit for his last season.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If you go back to the spring interview with CTC, it sounded (to me) like KB would have a difficult road ahead. A reporter interpreted that as KB had the RB slot locked up. Just my view, I think we're going to have a heavy dose of Griffin and Mason this year, with Howard being a heavy situational back or when we go to 2 RBs.

Thanks KB for what you've put into playing at GT. There were a LOT of hard roads for you even get on the field. Wish him the best and hope he finds a good fit for his last season.

CTC never said Benson had the job. He never said that.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow

Not surprised that KB is leaving, as someone had to between KB, Mason and Howard. I was also very impressed with Smith and especially Malloy in the spring game. I think Malloy will have something to say about the starter at RB moving forward.

With Griffin, Amerson and Ellison joining in the summer, we are stocked with talent at RB. I expect more transfers from amongst this group next offseason, if not before.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CTC never said Benson had the job. He never said that.

I kept reading on this board that Benson was the surefire starter and wondered where everyone got that. I thought he was very good in CPJ's offense, but CGC wasn't giving anyone the job without competing, and Benson was unable to "compete" due to injury. TBH, he was actually one of the ones that I thought might leave before all of this "attrition" talk.

I wish him well. Good player and really good representative of GT.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I kept reading on this board that Benson was the surefire starter and wondered where everyone got that. I thought he was very good in CPJ's offense, but CGC wasn't giving anyone the job without competing, and Benson was unable to "compete" due to injury. TBH, he was actually one of the ones that I thought might leave before all of this "attrition" talk.

I wish him well. Good player and really good representative of GT.

It came from an article (in the Macon paper, I think?) where the guy misinterpreted what Coach Choice said. KB would have been in the mix when he got cleared, probably, but no guarantees on how many carries he would get in a crowded backfield.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It came from an article (in the Macon paper, I think?) where the guy misinterpreted what Coach Choice said. KB would have been in the mix when he got cleared, probably, but no guarantees on how many carries he would get in a crowded backfield.
He was pretty good with an OL that fail down and on the ground , wish we could have seen him with an OL that stands up to block.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Playing devil's advocate here, we are often reminded that the S-A commits to the school not the coach. In reverse, it's the school, not the coach, that commits to the S-A.
Makes me think -perhaps u know.??

I used to only see gt football on tv which never showed half time.
Now we go to games and at half time in several games we see donors w family and an athlete lined up on field . They are announced " x endowed this scholarship" and we all clap as the donor and athlete shake the prez and wife 's hands.

It sure appears that its only the donor is making the commitment.

How does gt admin do anything for the SA besides taking the endowed $? Volume discount via gtaa?
I have know idea of what the school does.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So he’s going to showcase himself for the nfl by playing BB at Woford or K State? I don’t buy that he’s not suited for a different offense, we don’t know that, but if he’s not he sure ain’t sniffin’ the league.

What makes you think he’s going to go somewhere like Wofford or Kennesaw? The dude is a 1000 yard rusher (as a sophomore) in the ACC and very well might have 2 years left (he’s now lost 2 seasons to injury, and being away from GT should make a waiver more likely). My guess is he ends up starting at another P5 school next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

What a genuinely pleasant and articulate post touched w classy thanks to KB.
Used to be common on gtswarm- please keep posting.

Doesnt hurt that i completely agree on Griffin . Imo, there is a reason the WHOLE GT STAFF goes to a rb recruit s house at 12:01 on legal recruiting day. This kid has quicks w first step acceleration. KB before surgery had quicks w power for his purpose = get 4 or 15 yds. This kids personal training videos look nfl esq.

When deddrick mills and parker Braun walked on campus in 16 they were the 2 best player on the team (imo).
Evidence- first game in Ireland was against bc who had very stout experienced. On the last play of game we had to score. Coach called a winning play w Deddrick running wide to parker's side.

Now we wait to see griffin on the field.

Again thanks for the post.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Breshear is going on medical scholarship to stay for his degree so that frees another.
Liked this but want to clarify.

Loved watching this kid and always hoped he would play.
Watching from behind the team bench you can see how player's handled being on sidelines. Some just watched the video and had small talk. A few years ago i noticed this kid prowling when not in defensive huddle. Even though he knew wasnt going to get in he was still pissed.
Without injury and 4 years of S&C like we have, this kid could have really helped.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Watching from behind the team bench you can see how player's handled being on sidelines. Some just watched the video and had small talk. A few years ago i noticed this kid prowling when not in defensive huddle. Even though he knew wasnt going to get in he was still pissed.
Without injury and 4 years of S&C like we have, this kid could have really helped.

Yea he played at a strong school/region in Dacula. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out but glad he’s staying for school.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Agree. Really wanted that young man from Dacula to make it big.

Believe his family has military background and this youngster knew no quit!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So, if you're on medical, do you get the tutors, food plan, rehab access, and everything else afforded to S-A's?

It seems like other players, like Radliffe and Gray were still heavily involved with the team (maybe like student assistants), but have not heard about others being involved with the team.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Not surprised that KB is leaving, as someone had to between KB, Mason and Howard. I was also very impressed with Smith and especially Malloy in the spring game. I think Malloy will have something to say about the starter at RB moving forward.

With Griffin, Amerson and Ellison joining in the summer, we are stocked with talent at RB. I expect more transfers from amongst this group next offseason, if not before.

I see Ellison at slot.