So who leaves? Attrition.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just pointing out the facts. Only name named so far was Trent Sellers. That one does not appear to apply.

But the pro processing apologists keep moving goal posts, changing definitions of what being processed even is. I think they are as confused by their changing arguments as I have become.

Let’s just go back to this since they keep talking about CPJ and claiming he processed players.

Some argue CPJ was stupid not to oversign and Tech paid a price in recruiting because of it by always being under the 85 limit. Other apologists argue that line of thought by alleging he processed players.

Let me just ask this. How does processing even apply to a program that did not over sign? Answer is obviously that it does not apply.

Coaches can not “process” a player they don’t want around based on how many ships are out?

Jeezus H.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to think I am a fairly even handed and rational fan. I’ve been a GT supporter since I was a kid and enjoyed my 4 years on campus. Married a GT girl and hope our daughter will one day step on to campus to cheer the brave and bold as a student.

That said, if we move to a program that ignores academics for the sake of athletics and dishonors our program by failing to stand by our commitment to the students representing us as SAs I’ll be greatly disheartened. I have had a few friends play for both GT and UGA and the experience was dramatically different to hear them tell it. (Players getting paid at uga in bags of cash in their locker room during practice, systemic cheating and the purest definition of processing available: “son you’re not going to stay on scholarship because you’re not good enough to see the field”.

I hear @bikeseat and @Ibeeballin share that this kind of behavior happened / happens at GT and I gotta say that’s disappointing and contradicts my previous understanding of the limits our athletic programs would go to in order to win. It is a shame that we are not living up to the ideals we put forth as important. That is directly in contradiction to the total person program and the 40 year plan.

All I can say is that this thread has me feeling a certain kind of blue that even Miles Davis and John Coltrane can’t help with. I’m embarrassed for us as a program and for the fans (as alumni and people) who are comfortable with that approach.

I intend to address my concerns with the GTAA prior to continuing my donations. I follow college sports in lieu of professional for the (admittedly ever deceasing) distinction of sport being subservient to the great life lessons and development opportunities of continued education.

I know this is just one man’s opinion and I’m not writing to sway people’s minds as much as to define for myself how I feel. Thanks for listening / reading and this concludes my soap box rant.

[emoji3475] [emoji403] [emoji351]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 47 leave in 4 years before 18.

why did that large number leave?

i knew coach hurt who came in in player admin after Custis and other academic issuses -. i can tell u the academic support for player became more organised/ rigorous. I knew andy mac and they really started screening players in recruiting. .

Also coach roof came in and shook up the locker room. Sewak has been shaking up the line up for years.

They did thus to in their judgment to put a better team on field in order to win.

Those are some if the reasins why 47 players quit, transferred, graduated and played somewhere else, violated rules, etc .

The purest form of sport is hs . If u want to enjoy yourself u could volunteer at a needy high school football booster club. If u need a place to donate to a good cause pensacola high needs 3000 $ for helmets and gear.. Good luck and hope to see u at bds.
20190418_145741.jpg

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Can’t have that. You mean the “amateur” athletes actually having a say? No.
God forbid they actually get paid for their likeness. Awe Never Mind.

They’ll hit me “it’s a privilege to play CFB, not a right! There are millions of other who would want your spot”

Yet its right for Billy to keep his schollie even tho he cant contribute on STs or is a square peg, round hole had has no position.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

i knew coach hurt who came in in player admin after Custis and other academic issuses -. i can tell u the academic support for player became more organised/ rigorous. I knew andy mac and they really started screening players in recruiting. .

Also coach roof came in and shook up the locker room. Sewak has been shaking up the line up for years.

They did thus to in their judgment to put a better team on field in order to win.

Those are some if the reasins why 47 players quit, transferred, graduated and played somewhere else, violated rules, etc .

The purest form of sport is hs . If u want to enjoy yourself u could volunteer at a needy high school football booster club. If u need a place to donate to a good cause pensacola high needs 3000 $ for helmets and gear.. Good luck and hope to see u at bds.
View attachment 5737

High school players get cut to. The whine is strange. Have they played organized sports before?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
in·teg·ri·ty
[inˈteɡrədē]
NOUN
  1. the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "she is known to be a woman of integrity"
    synonyms:
    honesty · uprightness · probity · rectitude · honor · honorableness

And it has become abundantly clear that if this time last year 12 (or however many) S/As left it was because of any excuse whatever, but if fewer than that leave this year it is because of unethical conduct of our new staff.

Total idiocy, untruthfulnees and hypocrisy.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
With all the back and forth it's an EXTREMELY simple thread. We have a new coach. It's a miracle 20 haven't left already. He gave everyone a chance. Either you fit or you don't.

The axe is coming for those that don't. Deal with it. All the holier than thou **** can wait a few seasons(or at least one year).

Again
DW
JJ
ZM
Who's next?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 5737

Does your son's HS team have a Venmo or Paypal? More than happy to contribute for this cause.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How do you know that? Cause you say so? I'll make sure to take that as iron clad truth. lol

It's like I said earlier though: It's not shocker for a 4th string CB and a guy who's changed position 3 times to wanna jet out and have nothing to do with the staff being meanies.

You are very correct, but it appears to be a huge shocker to those that rely on hypocritical arguements.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I have the roster at 85 now. Who am I missing?

Brad Morgan
Ahmarean Brown
Brentavious Glanton
Christian Campbell
David Curry
Austin Smith
Jahaziel Lee
Jalen Camp
Jared Southers
Kenny Cooper
KirVonte Benson
Nathan Cottrell
Omahri Jarrett
Scott Morgan
Chico Bennett, Jr.
Tyler Cooksey
Tyler Davis
Christian Malloy
Ajani Kerr
Cornelius Evans
Antonneous Clayton
Demetrius Knight II
Devin Ellison
Dontae Smith
D'Quan Douse
Dylan Deveney
Antwan Owens
Harrison Jump
Bruce Jordan-Swilling
Chris Martin
Connor Hansen
Jack DeFoor
Jamal Camp
James Graham
Jamious Griffin
Jair Hawkins-Anderson
Ja'Quon Griffin
Jaquan Henderson
Jarett Cole
Jaylon King
Jaytlin Askew
Jeremiah Smith
Jerry Howard jr.
Jordan Domineck
Jordan Huff
Lucas Johnson
Jordan Yates
Pressley Harvin III
Justice Dingle
Kalani Norris
Stephen Dolphus
Tariq Carpenter
Kenan Johnson
Xavier Gantt
Adonicas Sanders
Avery Showell
Luke Johns
Boe Tufele
Marquez Ezzard
Michael Maye
Mike Lockhart
Brenton King
Charlie Clark
Nazir Burnett
Charlie Thomas
Gentry Bonds
Jordan Mason
Juanyeh Thomas
Kaleb Oliver
Kelton Dawson
Sylvain Yondjouen
T.K. Chimedza
Malachi Carter
Tija'i Whatley
Mikey Minihan
Tony Amerson
Peje' Harris
Quez Jackson
Tobias Oliver
Wesley Walker
Wesley Wells
Tre Swilling
Zach Owens
Zach Quinney
Zamari Walton

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I have the roster at 85 now. Who am I missing?

Brad Morgan
Ahmarean Brown
Brentavious Glanton
Christian Campbell
David Curry
Austin Smith
Jahaziel Lee
Jalen Camp
Jared Southers
Kenny Cooper
KirVonte Benson
Nathan Cottrell