So who leaves? Attrition.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I hope anyone that's within a year of graduating can tough it out and stick around... after all, that's what they came here to do.

I'm sure there will be a few that leave, but I can't bring myself to 'root' for anyone to leave. For me, this is one of those things that I'll be glad we can make space for another kid that may be able to help us, but I don't wish any of our student-athletes ill will, nor am I hoping they will leave.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I hope anyone that's within a year of graduating can tough it out and stick around... after all, that's what they came here to do.

I'm sure there will be a few that leave, but I can't bring myself to 'root' for anyone to leave. For me, this is one of those things that I'll be glad we can make space for another kid that may be able to help us, but I don't wish any of our student-athletes ill will, nor am I hoping they will leave.

Yeah, I dont love speculating on individual players leaving, but its a legit topic people are curious about. I would rather wait and see.

Gray Fox

GT Athlete
Yea hopefully they just finish with the degree instead of leaving. Its the smart choice.
They could transfer to another school, take some classes, play some football, then transfer back to Tech to complete their GT degree. There was a baseball player that did that some years ago.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Side bar...... Brown looks special. Looking forward to seeing him get some pt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Just need our outside WRs to pan out. With Brown, Davis and a slew of RBs I think our other offensive skill slots are in very good shape

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
No inside info but

Gant
Brashear
boe
Nate Cottrell
Damien Williams
Minihan
King
Cole
Is it normal to have this many rJR rSR scholarship players that have never seen the field? I didn't even realize some of this list were on scholly; just assumed they were walkons when glancing at the roster every now and then

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I am sure they know better than we do and we board speculate so it may not be a need just appear to us to be one. Either way we are 3 over and something will have to give.
Wonder if Animal knows that before 2018 all classes had 5 or more leave? Under coach johnson the average is 10.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some people refuse to believe the obvious. As CPJ always stated,”it is what it is”.

Cant pick on the nay sayers too much.

If we win 9 games and recruiting keeps improving, we are going to need them to keep us from getting too cocky. We are off to a great start, but its a long way to being top tier of acc .

Would be nice if they would not mock us

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think it is very unseemly to make such speculations, but nobody ever said that football fans - even Tech fans - were sensitive.

You'll never hear anything from me about this except to thank any players who might decide to leave for playing at Tech.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Side bar...... Brown looks special. Looking forward to seeing him get some pt.

I have no interest in speculating on a kid's scholarship. I do, however, have interest in talking about speed.

I had a discussion in another thread about Nate Cottrell's speed. Some are convinced he runs a 4.3 forty...possibly, but I've yet to see it on the field. Brown is fast, and you can tell he's fast. You want to see "football speed"? Brown has it all day and he's going to be NASTY in the slot. Outside of JeT/BayBay/Stephen Hill, we haven't seen that much speed. Get use to it, I expect CGC and staff to sign 1-2 guys with Brown's speed a class. It's a LOT easier to recruit that kind of speed when you flip those highlights on and tell a kid "See Brown? We're gonna put you in the slot opposite of him, or on the outside of him. DBs have no chance..."

Man did I miss seeing the football in the air that many times. This was spring ball, installations have only begun. It's gonna be fun, fellas...

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
3 have to I think. Leave or lose scholly. How many walkons had a scholly last year that could be granted to a true frosh this year instead?

I dont' believe any walk-ons had a scholly that could be 'revoked'... the only walk-ons that get scholarships are typically kids that are seniors, and it's really more a token of respect to them for their effort.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont' believe any walk-ons had a scholly that could be 'revoked'... the only walk-ons that get scholarships are typically kids that are seniors, and it's really more a token of respect to them for their effort.
Scholarships are one year contracts, so technically any scholarship can be revoked.