So who leaves? Attrition.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
All this hand wringing about people getting cut is silly to me. Paul did it when we were around and now its only fair for Geoff to do the same.

Every spring you had your meeting and he would either tell you to stay or leave.

Exactly! They've all done it going back to at least the Ross years. Probably farther. This board has become infested with a bunch of former Hive "Pollyanna's." Playing the "holier than thou" schtick in an effort to paint the new staff in a bad way is getting old. There are a few fonts here that just can't let Johnson go so they try and find anything to ***** about and ****post in just about every thread. Even the damn recruit threads. News flash. Johnson retired! Let it go people! Acting like the Johnson years were some kind of utopia is absurd. Nothing Collins has done to this point has been bad. Recruiting has picked up. Fan interest has picked up. If people want to ***** and moan at least wait until we've played a few games. We'll probably struggle this year so they'll have plenty to ***** about then.

Animal02

Banned
Exactly! They've all done it going back to at least the Ross years. Probably farther. This board has become infested with a bunch of former Hive "Pollyanna's." Playing the "holier than thou" schtick in an effort to paint the new staff in a bad way is getting old. There are a few fonts here that just can't let Johnson go so they try and find anything to ***** about and ****post in just about every thread. Even the damn recruit threads. News flash. Johnson retired! Let it go people! Acting like the Johnson years were some kind of utopia is absurd. Nothing Collins has done to this point has been bad. Recruiting has picked up. Fan interest has picked up. If people want to ***** and moan at least wait until we've played a few games. We'll probably struggle this year so they'll have plenty to ***** about then.
So typical.....saying let Johnson go while taking the subtle digs at Johnson. :rolleyes:
Same type that spend 11 years whining and now demands nothing be said negative about the new staff.
I guess they serve a heavy serving of hypocrisy with the koolaid.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ooohhkayyyy. You should consider not disclosing that on your resume.

Student cheating occurs everywhere. It’s a good way to get kicked out of school when caught. I guess Tech should adopt the UNC model since the NCAA doesn’t govern “academic” issues and winning is what matters. CGC and staff just have to make sure the right percentage on non SA students are involved also.
Word is not cheating. If the professor is too lazy to change their tests, that all on them. However, mostly, Word was an excellent study guide.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I just went through the scholarship roster. I can count several guys I never hear about anymore - some like never. I count another several that I hear extremely out on the periphery.
where is this "scholarship" roster? I mean, I know who most of them are, but I've never seen a roster that delineates them.

Deleted member 2897

where is this "scholarship" roster? I mean, I know who most of them are, but I've never seen a roster that delineates them.

I just know them by name and if I can’t remember I go look up their old rating to see what class they were in...or if they weren’t listed.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So typical.....saying let Johnson go while taking the subtle digs at Johnson. :rolleyes:
Same type that spend 11 years whining and now demands nothing be said negative about the new staff.

Maybe you should pipe down since two people who actually played for GT have stated it happens and this is nothing new.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Every team in America cuts. Stanford cuts, buddies of mine that play for Ivies have told me they have cuts.

To be frank GT football is a business and this isn’t some welfare system to give underserved kids GT degrees.

I traded my abilities for a top tier degree knowing I wasn’t going to the NFL. That was as much as business decision as anything else.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Every team in America cuts. Stanford cuts, buddies of mine that play for Ivies have told me they have cuts.

To be frank GT football is a business and this isn’t some welfare system to give underserved kids GT degrees.

I traded my abilities for a top tier degree knowing I wasn’t going to the NFL. That was as much as business decision as anything else.

As i stated the before, athletes know this already going in or they learn VERY QUICKLY.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow

No subtle digs being taken. The Johnson era was full of ups and downs and had stagnated. That's not my idea of utopia. Maybe that's yours. He retired so now we have a new guy. It's really pretty simple. Not demanding nothing ever be said negative but anyone that spends as much time on this board as you and a few others do complaining about a staff that hasn't even coached their first game needs to chill. Like most Tech fans I'm glad there is renewed enthusiasm from fans and an obvious uptick in recruiting and interest in Tech. How could anyone not be pleased with that if you truly care about the program? Tech football will not get any better without more fan interest which leads to more money and resources which hopefully leads to more talented recruits and a higher level of success.

It's unfortunate that a handful of people feel the need to patrol every thread looking for any way possible to be offended so they can then desperately defend and pick fights over the previous coach and when they find nothing to be offended about they just ***** and moan about the new staff that has done nothing but try and improve the program since day 1. It's ridiculous. I don't think this was you (I should've bookmarked it) but awhile back I saw someone post in a thread saying that basically it was offensive for people to imply that the new staff was improving things. I mean WTF!?!?

I'm certainly not drinking any koolaid as I strongly feel we will struggle in the fall. In fact I expect us to struggle for the first two seasons. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this will be an easy transition on the field. We have some major deficiencies on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Especially on defense with the unfortunate passing of Brandon Adams. All of that is going to be hard to hide and scheme around but we'll see.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you should pipe down since two people who actually played for GT have stated it happens and this is nothing new.

I have a question, and it's an honest one - I really just want to know and pin this down because I missed those posts. Do these players specifically say folks were told they will lose their scholarships if they stay at Georgia Tech, and must transfer if they want a football scholarship? Or are they saying vaguely that folks are "processed", and that "it" goes on everywhere, whatever "it" is (medicals, frank conversations about playing time, and so forth? I just want to pin down exactly what they're saying. Are they saying flat out that people are forced out at the threat of losing their scholarship? Or is it something a little less than that?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I have a question, and it's an honest one - I really just want to know and pin this down because I missed those posts. Do these players specifically say folks were told they will lose their scholarships if they stay at Georgia Tech, and must transfer if they want a football scholarship? Or are they saying vaguely that folks are "processed", and that "it" goes on everywhere, whatever "it" is (medicals, frank conversations about playing time, and so forth? I just want to pin down exactly what they're saying. Are they saying flat out that people are forced out at the threat of losing their scholarship? Or is it something a little less than that?

Ask them @Ibeeballin & @bikeseat