So who leaves? Attrition.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There is a line that should not be crossed. It is one thing to tell a kid he likely won't see the field and if playing is a priority he should consider transferring. It is a far different thing to tell a kid he will get worked to death , harrassed etc if he doesn't transfer.

Which nobody said to any of our S/As at any time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
There is a line that should not be crossed. It is one thing to tell a kid he likely won't see the field and if playing is a priority he should consider transferring. It is a far different thing to tell a kid he will get worked to death , harrassed etc if he doesn't transfer.
Agreed. And if this is the case, then it's wrong. My only point is the only people who know what was actually said were those in the room at the time. If she wasn't there, then it's quite possible she is misrepresenting what was said. It's also possible that she's not.

College football has an ugly side, no doubt. These coaches have a tremendous amount of pressure to succeed. So, it's not beyond my comprehension that coaches will want to move some kids along, right or wrong.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't know, just like no one here knows, what was said by CGC to his players.

What I do know is that 2 more players have to leave to get us to 85. I am fine with frank conversations being held as long as the SA has the opportunity to stay, even if he will never see the field.

We have harped for years that we need to find the student athletes who value the GT education and sell them on it. The dichotomy is that then we turn around and say that premier education we sold them on can be finished anywhere else so we can get better players on the field.

Again, we don't know all the answers. I do know that it's not a good look for GT to be called out for this.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It no longer surprises me when anything remotely negative about the current staff ushers forward CPJ references from some of y’all.

Wth does CPJ have to do with any of this?
So when the old boss leaves and new boss "changes the requurments for management" then those managers im pl acted by the change try to qualify fir lessor positions OR THE OLD BOSS GOES OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP HIS STAFF GET POSITIONS AT HIS NEW COMPANY.

Why u r clueless in this area is a mystery.

"U see on the old team the boss used a group of athletes / coaches that could block and run the ball w almost no passing. He even played run blocking wr over pass catching wr. But that boss suddenly quit. Now we have hired a new boss who will take a "new direction" with a lot of passing.
Its that simple.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

What I do know is that 2 more players have to leave to get us to 85. I am fine with frank conversations being held as long as the SA has the opportunity to stay, even if he will never see the field.

We have harped for years that we need to find the student athletes who value the GT education and sell them on it. The dichotomy is that then we turn around and say that premier education we sold them on can be finished anywhere else so we can get better players on the field.

Again, we don't know all the answers. I do know that it's not a good look for GT to be called out for this.

Oh, so you believe in the Student-Athlete facade?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I think I've said it before, but it's just not realistic to think anyone is going to want to stay and do the 5am routine, the lifting, the running, the absolute grind with no possibility of actually playing. As Coach Choice said recently in a press conference, the degree is a great bonus, but these guys are here to play ball (I am paraphrasing, but that is basically what he said and he is right).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It no longer surprises me when anything remotely negative about the current staff ushers forward CPJ references from some of y’all.

Wth does CPJ have to do with any of this?

CPJ himself? Probably nothing.

It is the hatred by some of CGC, and his desire to make GT all it should be, that forces it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
After talking with student athletes from GT, yes. Does it apply to all schools, absolutely not. But at GT, it's still a thing. I think that's cool.

I promise you it’s not much different. We just don’t have Parks & Rec to hide to hide in