So on to NCSU ...

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
A tip of the hat to Mr. Alvarado and the guys. Great effort and big win. Glad to see Cole get minutes again...he comes through when he gets them. And to play this well without your leading scorer is pretty darn good. Any word on when Devoe will be back?

A tip of the hat to Mr. Alvarado and the guys. Great effort and big win. Glad to see Cole get minutes again...he comes through when he gets them. And to play this well without your leading scorer is pretty darn good. Any word on when Devoe will be back?
Since, although he didn't play, he dressed out and was on the bench for the game, I would assume he would be back this week.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Kept the turnovers down and 5 steals made a huge difference. Wish Cole had made those late FT's for more buffer. Good win without Devoe. Moses needs to kick it out when they double him. He seems to make up his mind he is going to shoot regardless. He has made so much progress and should be better next year. Overall a good win against a good team.
I agree with Moses. I like him as a player, but he does determine he is going to shoot no matter what when he starts going to the hoop. Reminds me of Kammeon Holsey. He used to do that too. Overall, great win!!! Love when Jose gets that look in his eyes.

Deleted member 2897

If you look at our 5 starters, I wonder how many player-games we’ve missed this year. I’m going to guess 30. And it feels like it’s that way every year. Very frustrating and difficult to win with 1 arm tied behind your back.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Moses. I like him as a player, but he does determine he is going to shoot no matter what when he starts going to the hoop. Reminds me of Kammeon Holsey. He used to do that too. Overall, great win!!! Love when Jose gets that look in his eyes.

Kam Holsey 2.0

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Silly of me, but I think the program is going in the right direction. Easier to say after a win, but the close losses to Duke and L'Ville are out there too.

Like others, I wish we played NCState more. Won like 6 of last 7 from them? Go figure. Just stay away from teams starting with B (Ball St, BC....)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our bigs did a number on State defensively last night. Funderburk and Hellums and Dixon, the three State bigs, got 4 offensive rebounds and 14 points total.

An interesting data point. We shot 25% from the 3-point line and State shot 21%. Alvarado, Usher, and Parham got almost half our rebounds and the State guards got about 3 quarters of their total. Both teams were bricking those outside shots and creating long rebounds. Another thing I saw was Jose digs rebounds out the grasp of other players. When he wants the ball he is not afraid to go for it.

Clearly Jose and Usher carried us most of the game last night. I was also impressed with Cole. He is beginning to be an important player for us.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Our bigs did a number on State defensively last night. Funderburk and Hellums and Dixon, the three State bigs, got 4 offensive rebounds and 14 points total.

An interesting data point. We shot 25% from the 3-point line and State shot 21%. Alvarado, Usher, and Parham got almost half our rebounds and the State guards got about 3 quarters of their total. Both teams were bricking those outside shots and creating long rebounds. Another thing I saw was Jose digs rebounds out the grasp of other players. When he wants the ball he is not afraid to go for it.

Clearly Jose and Usher carried us most of the game last night. I was also impressed with Cole. He is beginning to be an important player for us.

not sure I’d qualify Hellems as a big, he’s a perimeter guy. State is missing Manny Bates something fierce

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
not sure I’d qualify Hellems as a big, he’s a perimeter guy. State is missing Manny Bates something fierce
I agree with you, but Bates' absence has forced Hellums to play down low. That said, I am not going have patience with anyone lamenting the loss of a starter against us. I wonder how many games we have played this year with all five of our starters at 100%.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you, but Bates' absence has forced Hellums to play down low. That said, I am not going have patience with anyone lamenting the loss of a starter against us. I wonder how many games we have played this year with all five of our starters at 100%.

Even then, it’s basically four around one. But yeah, I agree, you’ll get zero pity from me

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You mean nobody got invited to square off outside the McTit before, during or after the game?

No, the idiot was sending me private messages, continuing to talk childish ****. I swear I think he’s got a screw loose.

What started out as trash talk has evolved into almost daily harassment. I’ve reported him to the mods & trust he will be dealt with.

He went from “taking a break” to only responding to my post via private message.

Weird is only way I can describe it.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
No, the idiot was sending me private messages, continuing to talk childish ****. I swear I think he’s got a screw loose.

What started out as trash talk has evolved into almost daily harassment. I’ve reported him to the mods & trust he will be dealt with.

He went from “taking a break” to only responding to my post via private message.

Weird is only way I can describe it.

you gotta laugh at this...

Deleted member 2897

I saw the first half, and then spent the rest of the day at a wedding. Have to admit I was worried when I saw our big lead evaporate. Maybe I should go to more weddings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear entire board - new rule - if anybody you know gets married. Slugboy MUST be invited. Every weekend the entire year must now be consumed in his calendar.