So on to NCSU ...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I did not get to see the game at all, but i notice in the box score we had only 13 turnovers. That is well below our average (I think we average 18 per game). If we had turned it over 18 times yesterday, I'm guessing we would have lost.

Is there hope that we are getting better on the TO department? Or (I almost hate to say it this way) were our turnovers down because Devoe was on the bench?

Deleted member 2897

(to be honest, I thought the steal with 8 seconds left was going to be called as a foul. he fought for it and took it, and I think it was a legit steal, but the refs often call that a foul and it would not have surprised me there)

Coach Keats is lucky he didn’t get thrown out for walking out into the court and making contact with the Ref.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Stop it. Kammeon had nowhere near the production Moses is giving us. You're my boy, Peac, but you're gonna have to take an "L" on Moses who you've never really been a fan of.

I only meant it as a black hole situation. That ball ain’t coming back out and sometimes results in a travel

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I did not get to see the game at all, but i notice in the box score we had only 13 turnovers. That is well below our average (I think we average 18 per game). If we had turned it over 18 times yesterday, I'm guessing we would have lost.

Is there hope that we are getting better on the TO department? Or (I almost hate to say it this way) were our turnovers down because Devoe was on the bench?

18 is not quite right for the season average. Supposedly, according to ramblinwreck.com, we average 15.something in games with Jose and 18.something in games without Jose.

Yesterday we still had our fair share of absolutely mind boggling terrible turnovers, and in fact 5 of them were from Jose with only 2 assists.

Don’t get me wrong, Jose won the game for us yesterday, particularly with his defense, and of course his 26 points, but for a while in the middle portion of the game I thought he was going to lose it for us with bad decisions and bad turnovers. He started the game very strong, and ended the game very strong, and ultimately that was enough for the win.

On the turnovers, Banks had zero turnovers and that certainly helped keep the total lower than normal.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
The tone and tempo of that win was nice. Had back/forth feel of Arkansas without gross 30 foot bank to lose. Much more pleased with player rotation, albeit Jose playing 38+, but a must with Devoe on sideline bike. Get Devoe in and all the guys from yesterday and we’re in feasible mix to make a season with late game/season drop off. One thing on Shembari. I pull for this guy to get time. A return home transfer, started previously in SEC, looks to have the strength to fit in ACC, seems to be an off-season guy who stood out in practice and some in summer tour, but painfully sits on the bench. I’m personally sad to see him just sitting. Then he gets in and quickly jacks a first side3, airball. Quickly pulled. Don’t get that decision from him. Play great D, don’t make any forced passes, and let shots come to you, you’ll get more time!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The tone and tempo of that win was nice. Had back/forth feel of Arkansas without gross 30 foot bank to lose. Much more pleased with player rotation, albeit Jose playing 38+, but a must with Devoe on sideline bike. Get Devoe in and all the guys from yesterday and we’re in feasible mix to make a season with late game/season drop off. One thing on Shembari. I pull for this guy to get time. A return home transfer, started previously in SEC, looks to have the strength to fit in ACC, seems to be an off-season guy who stood out in practice and some in summer tour, but painfully sits on the bench. I’m personally sad to see him just sitting. Then he gets in and quickly jacks a first side3, airball. Quickly pulled. Don’t get that decision from him. Play great D, don’t make any forced passes, and let shots come to you, you’ll get more time!
I totally agree on Shembari. I cringed when he airballed that rushed 3 and I wished he had not taken that shot, but I cut him some slack because I think he might have been feeling pressured to try to take advantage of the playing time opportunity and prove himself. I would have liked to see a little longer leash from Pastner or a second chance a little later in the half.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
18 is not quite right for the season average. Supposedly, according to ramblinwreck.com, we average 15.something in games with Jose and 18.something in games without Jose.

I just knew our total number was high...turns out it was 16.8 going into yesterday's age and I rounded it up to 18 :)

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I totally agree on Shembari. I cringed when he airballed that rushed 3 and I wished he had not taken that shot, but I cut him some slack because I think he might have been feeling pressured to try to take advantage of the playing time opportunity and prove himself. I would have liked to see a little longer leash from Pastner or a second chance a little later in the half.

This may not come out well, but this isn’t rec ball. I’d bet my right arm that in practice, he’s been told 100 times not to take that shot. Everyone knows what the coaches expectations are in the half court. They also know what will get them pulled.

In one breath, we grumble about giving up double-digit leads, but then we give Pastner grief for having a quick hook when back-ups make boneheaded decisions. I said the same thing the moment he fired it up. Get him outta there.

If we were making 3’s at a high enough % in practice to warrant having the green light there, he would be playing a lot more. That’s not his role. It is to play D and take care of the ball, not jack up 3’s 10 secs into the possession.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
This may not come out well, but this isn’t rec ball. I’d bet my right arm that in practice, he’s been told 100 times not to take that shot. Everyone knows what the coaches expectations are in the half court. They also know what will get them pulled.

In one breath, we grumble about giving up double-digit leads, but then we give Pastner grief for having a quick hook when back-ups make boneheaded decisions. I said the same thing the moment he fired it up. Get him outta there.

If we were making 3’s at a high enough % in practice to warrant having the green light there, he would be playing a lot more. That’s not his role. It is to play D and take care of the ball, not jack up 3’s 10 secs into the possession.
I don’t really disagree With you, because it’s pretty obvious that the ship has basically sailed when it comes to Shembari, but I just wish he could have capitalized on his opportunity. Instead he took a hurried shot and airballed it. That’s on him.

On the quick hook, frankly I wish cjp would use that on the starters sometimes too. They all do things just as bad as Shembari’s bad shot, including passing the ball directly to the defense quite frequently.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don’t really disagree With you, because it’s pretty obvious that the ship has basically sailed when it comes to Shembari, but I just wish he could have capitalized on his opportunity. Instead he took a hurried shot and airballed it. That’s on him.

On the quick hook, frankly I wish cjp would use that on the starters sometimes too. They all do things just as bad as Shembari’s bad shot, including passing the ball directly to the defense quite frequently.

I think he does have a quick hook with the bigs. He went to EC early the past couple of games because of stupid mistakes by Moses or James. With Khalid reasserting himself, I suspect we see him get Usher more quickly if he plays outta control. The exception is really Mike and/or Jose, and that’s simply because there’s such a big drop off offensively.

No, the idiot was sending me private messages, continuing to talk childish ****. I swear I think he’s got a screw loose.

What started out as trash talk has evolved into almost daily harassment. I’ve reported him to the mods & trust he will be dealt with.

He went from “taking a break” to only responding to my post via private message.

Weird is only way I can describe it.

Guys he hit me with multiple DMs too despite my clearly expressed distain for pen pales. Truly no one is safe.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The suspect in question. This hero comes in peace today. @connell62

Sorry that you had to deal with that. I feel somewhat responsible. Hopefully they haven’t been as aggressive as what I’ve dealt with.

Good God, if he came at you, he really is off his rocker. He went off the deep end after seeing my comments in response to you.

Sorry that you had to deal with that. I feel somewhat responsible. Hopefully they haven’t been as aggressive as what I’ve dealt with.

Good God, if he came at you, he really is off his rocker. He went off the deep end after seeing my comments in response to you.

It was non-violent but still uncalled for and frankly unnecessary. Might I suggest everyone follow my lead and keep the trash talking in the open. I just want to make sure none of our other prestigious members lose their “above the line” status