So on to NCSU ...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Devoe MIA from shootaround, but dressed. Not starting.

ETA: Manny Bates out for NCSU today.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
So interesting to hear that Roger Kaiser is from Dale Indiana. That town is only about 30 miles north of me and let me tell you it's very rural. But that area of Indiana is known for basketball talent. Larry Bird is from just another hour north of Dale

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Jose just took over that game. 26 points, 8 rebounds, 8 steals. Clutch play after clutch play. Usher somewhat quietly had a great game with 8 points, 7 rebs, 6 assists, and only 2 TOs. Cole helped out nicely with 11 points, but the two missed FTs at the end were heart attack inducing. Neither Wright nor Banks ever really got involved much on the offense but thought both played really good defense for the most part. Moore and Bubba both had pretty poor games. Moore started well but had some very bad decision making moments with regards to fouls. When we get Devoe back would like to see Bubba lose minutes in favor of Cole and go to a more big heavy lineup mostly. 13 turnovers today, probably in large part to just keeping the ball in Jose's hands most of the time.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Dang! Wish I could have been there. We had to give up our tickets tonight, due to a social function for my wife’s employer.

Figures it would be the first home win in seems-like-forever that we had to miss...:(

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Team Stats
Getting to the FT line made the difference today.
931b6aa066bbb44aaeec2912e1c49ed3.jpg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So interesting to hear that Roger Kaiser is from Dale Indiana. That town is only about 30 miles north of me and let me tell you it's very rural. But that area of Indiana is known for basketball talent. Larry Bird is from just another hour north of Dale

If I may be allowed to share another old man fan tale -

Roger became the first GT basketball hero for us kids when he spoke at our church. I was about 9 y.o. but he became the Man after that.

Back then ugag had a basketball gym that the media made disparaging remarks about when it was said it was the only gym in the sec where wind was a factor.

We had a tight game vs them there and Roger hit a miraculous game winner. Back then the Cokes were served in bottles and I remember reading how so many bottles were exploding on the floor after the game from being thrown.

Surprisingly, the ugag basketball coach, “Red” Lawson was the closest coach ugag ever had like Coach Dodd. He was a true gentleman that gave credit to opponents and treated his players well. They would not build a new gym for basketball until he retired. And supposedly he never stepped foot into stegeman coliseum.

Alvarado was fire today and I liked some of what I saw out of Cole.