So how do we take down Free Seafood U?

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, make no mistake, UGA is really preparing for us this week and next week. They can out-athlete Coastal Carolina by a wide margin. Plus, they know they have to play us every year and plan accordingly. Pretty much everybody that knows they play GT sets aside practice time to defend our offense (except Dave Doeren at NC State...good job there).

FSU on the other hand had NO clue they'd be playing us. On top of that, as the OP pointed out, they have 2 tough games to prepare for heading into the ACCCG...they don't have a whipping boy the previous week to sacrifice practice time for our offense. It's almost the perfect storm for FSU's defense looking REALLY bad against us.

One thing to keep in mind is Charles Kelly is the DC at FSU now, so he's seen this offense up close every day for 5 years. That's a plus for FSU, but it's one thing to see it, it's another thing to apply it to FSU's athletes...a lot of whom may choose to make "business decisions" when we hit them in the mouth (or the knee as they're whining about).
He has seen a version of what we do with tevin, he may know the basics but not all the new wrinkles that we have and he's never seen it run by jt just tevin and vad lee in practices while redshirting

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, make no mistake, UGA is really preparing for us this week and next week. They can out-athlete Coastal Carolina by a wide margin. Plus, they know they have to play us every year and plan accordingly. Pretty much everybody that knows they play GT sets aside practice time to defend our offense (except Dave Doeren at NC State...good job there).

FSU on the other hand had NO clue they'd be playing us. On top of that, as the OP pointed out, they have 2 tough games to prepare for heading into the ACCCG...they don't have a whipping boy the previous week to sacrifice practice time for our offense. It's almost the perfect storm for FSU's defense looking REALLY bad against us.

One thing to keep in mind is Charles Kelly is the DC at FSU now, so he's seen this offense up close every day for 5 years. That's a plus for FSU, but it's one thing to see it, it's another thing to apply it to FSU's athletes...a lot of whom may choose to make "business decisions" when we hit them in the mouth (or the knee as they're whining about).
Wanted to stick this in somewhere quick but oh well. My biggest fear is FSU losing a game before we play them. They need to focus on their own business first. If they look ahead they could have one more game in which they get behind big early but are not be able to catch back up this time. If they lose a game before playing Tech they will be really angry and we may be toast. If they go in undefeated against Tech it will mean they did not get in any "cheat" practices before our game.

Let's hope FSU wins out before playing us.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
B2-Jsq9CYAA23cv.jpg

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree DTGT. We limited their possessions plush their OC got pass happy (idiot). Bobo has a tendency to get pass happy unnecessarily as well but has, for the most part, refrained from that this year and run the ball more. I'm hoping we continue to be very efficient on O and hope Bobo regresses to his overly pass happy play calling. UGA shouldn't really throw any more than we do considering the strengths of their team.
That's my hope. I think our success will be determined on the number of INTs we can snag. Bad news that Mason has only thrown 3 (holy [Lynyrd Skynyrd]!) this season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If we keep playing like we have been on defense we have a good chance. Winston really struggles when he’s got pressure in his face and he doesn’t like taking a sack so he could throw us a couple. He’s also very good a baiting the screen game so we got to worry about that. I’m just hoping we have someone who can cover O’Leary.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How has no one mentioned that FSU played Citadel earlier this year? Who runs a offense similar to ours.

Citadel players said they were intentionally trying to hurt FSU players...I believe three FSU DL got hurt. That will be in FSU's head.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I will say that the Ramsey kid could be a problem for us. Reminds me of them damn Fuller boys from VT.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
FSU has playmakers of course.

Ramsey is one the best overall in the nation at DB.

Smith at LB.

Goldman at DT is a beast.

Edwards Jr at DE is great as well.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU has playmakers of course.

Ramsey is one the best overall in the nation at DB.

Smith at LB.

Goldman at DT is a beast.

Edwards Jr at DE is great as well.

Oh we are going to have a our hands full for sure. We will see how this team handles big plays real quick.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We handled Duke Johnson pretty well. I don't see their guy being an issue.
We cant use that as an example. He got very few touches in that game. Dalvin Cook is the real deal and we will have to take perfect angles to get a hat on him before he gets to full speed. Think Snoddy but a little quicker in short spaces.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe our OLs need to tweet out pictures of them cut blocking other teams, and caption it "FSU, your knees are next!" Talk about getting into someone's head...

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
So... They allowed 4.5 yds/rush against a bad version of us. I think we can expect 5.0+ yds/rush.

Also, only 4 possessions per team per half. I'd guess that on those 8 possessions we get, we will score TDs on 4 and get 2 FG. GT should score about 34 in this game. INTs will be huge in a game with only 8 possessions.
The Citadel looks like a smaller, slower, weaker version of us. FSU's D looked bad against the spread option. They escaped embarrassment only because the Citidal QB couldn't get the ball anywhere near his receivers. 3-11 passing.

I really like our odds against FSU. The uGA run game is what scares me...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
FSU loves to fly to the ball. That is the worst way to defend our offense. It works best against aggressive defenses. Ball control, limit possessions, limit the number of big plays by FSU.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
[QUOTE="FSU on the other hand had NO clue they'd be playing us. On top of that, as the OP pointed out, they have 2 tough games to prepare for heading into the ACCCG...they don't have a whipping boy the previous week to sacrifice practice time for our offense. It's almost the perfect storm for FSU's defense looking REALLY bad against us.[/QUOTE]

"the perfect storm" I like that!!