So how do we take down Free Seafood U?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to look past UGA. How could we?
But taking a moment to revel in our Coastal Championship brings up the thought as to how we take down this juggernaut that is FSU.

They play BC, then UF before us, so they're time to prep is almost nil. Advantage Tech.
Beyond that, I'm not sure.
Can we learn anything from their game with Auburn last year?

Discuss.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
With the confidence we gain from beating UGA.

Also control the ball stifle the running game and limit the big plays. Their speedster will present challenges for us on defense.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Over in the FSU board, they are already moaning and groaning about cut blocking (or chop blocking depending on their IQ level).

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Yeah sorry, GT first ACC second. The real thing is if we beat UGA we're virtually guaranteed to be in the orange bowl. If that happens we'll either be a quality win for FSU securing them a spot in the playoffs or we'll expose them for who everyone thought they were. Either way we're in the Orange bowl as long as things go our way in Athens and that's awesome

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
The last time we played them during the regular season, we went to the trips formation. They managed to hold us to 49 that game. I would love to see us throw a few wrinkles in along those lines again. Unless of course, we use them on Ugag.
My favorite FSU memory was immortalized in this video at 2:34.
(watch the following on Youtube)

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I actually think we have a better shot at beating F$U than UGa.

F$U's defense is very undisciplined - over reliant on athletic ability and less on assignments.

I see this game shaping up just like all the other games F$U has played recently. We jump them and they try to come back. What's different however, is that Winston throws a lot of picks so I figure we might stand a shot at extending our best-in-the-nation total of 5 interceptions returned for touchdowns.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Over in the FSU board, they are already moaning and groaning about cut blocking (or chop blocking depending on their IQ level).
Can we break out this gem now?
tumblr_m71grtkdq51rzj3o2o1_500.gif

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
We handled Duke Johnson pretty well. I don't see their guy being an issue.
Uhhhh.... By letting him gash us every time he touched the ball? 14 carries for 100 yds. 7.1 yds per touch. 1 TD. 24 yds long.

Da U only had 44 offensive snaps that game. That was how we won. Take away the 2 INTs and we have a one score game that is won by the team with the ball last.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, make no mistake, UGA is really preparing for us this week and next week. They can out-athlete Coastal Carolina by a wide margin. Plus, they know they have to play us every year and plan accordingly. Pretty much everybody that knows they play GT sets aside practice time to defend our offense (except Dave Doeren at NC State...good job there).

FSU on the other hand had NO clue they'd be playing us. On top of that, as the OP pointed out, they have 2 tough games to prepare for heading into the ACCCG...they don't have a whipping boy the previous week to sacrifice practice time for our offense. It's almost the perfect storm for FSU's defense looking REALLY bad against us.

One thing to keep in mind is Charles Kelly is the DC at FSU now, so he's seen this offense up close every day for 5 years. That's a plus for FSU, but it's one thing to see it, it's another thing to apply it to FSU's athletes...a lot of whom may choose to make "business decisions" when we hit them in the mouth (or the knee as they're whining about).

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Uhhhh.... By letting him gash us every time he touched the ball? 14 carries for 100 yds. 7.1 yds per touch. 1 TD. 24 yds long.

Da U only had 44 offensive snaps that game. That was how we won. Take away the 2 INTs and we have a one score game that is won by the team with the ball last.

When you have a smaller pool of potential recruits to pick from, you have to do things a different way. As I have said for years, we are not going to outplay UGA or Miami or VT by copying their schemes, their formulas for success. Time of Possession and turnovers have been a winning formula for us this year, against Duke Johnson, against Tyler Boyd, against Clemson's D line, etc. If we can continue to stick with this formula we can beat anyone. If we don't, we can lose to anyone.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
How do we beat them? Everyone goes up on FSU and FSU turns it on late. It's like they're cocky and/or bored. They won't be able to do that against our ball-hogging offense. If we go up on them the way other schools have, they won't get the ball back enough to win.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To win over next two games ( which will look like time of possession, yds on ground, etc)
- It's time for the underclassman to make plays in a big way. the OL Devine and other backups plus Andrews in particular are set for a breakout game.
- both Waller and the AB s as a group each gets 75 yds receiving a game with 100 at uga
- with added blitz pressure Gostis gets 3 sacks with 2 in fsu
- ditto other DL guys - e3 sacks
- win turn over battle
- play calling ( blitz or zone coverage; reverses, counters, midline wheel )
- NEXT MAN should be getting ready.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We handled Duke Johnson pretty well. I don't see their guy being an issue.

Agree DTGT. We limited their possessions plush their OC got pass happy (idiot). Bobo has a tendency to get pass happy unnecessarily as well but has, for the most part, refrained from that this year and run the ball more. I'm hoping we continue to be very efficient on O and hope Bobo regresses to his overly pass happy play calling. UGA shouldn't really throw any more than we do considering the strengths of their team.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah sorry, GT first ACC second. The real thing is if we beat UGA we're virtually guaranteed to be in the orange bowl. If that happens we'll either be a quality win for FSU securing them a spot in the playoffs or we'll expose them for who everyone thought they were. Either way we're in the Orange bowl as long as things go our way in Athens and that's awesome
This. I would love nothing more than to crap all over FSU's season.