Snake bit....

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
With this loss the current squad ties the 1929 squad for biggest decrease in wins from the previous season (7).
1929 team went 3-6 after the 1928 squad went 10-0. Scary fact - it was 8 yrs before GT had a winning record again.

Well lets hope that we have a winning record next year so we aren't on a pace to break that record.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I question that you can conclude that from TV. They are trying, and Jordan is to be commended despite the fumbles and pitches. The kid hung in there until the end. Bad team yes. Bad effort, no.

Because I watched our entire defense make half @$$ attempts at tackles on a screen play that should have been stopped five yards past the LOS.

The effort stayed on offense, but it seemed to disappear on defense a few times. Maybe I'm just being overly negative, but I didn't see a whole lot of effort in a few particular drives where we were playing defense.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Guys, to be honest, I hope I'm right that I saw a decrease in effort. If not we are in a LOT of trouble for the next few years.

We are looking worse from week to week, and I'm really hoping it's because the players are just exhausted from this sort of season rather than just not having the ability...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Guys, to be honest, I hope I'm right that I saw a decrease in effort. If not we are in a LOT of trouble for the next few years.

We are looking worse from week to week, and I'm really hoping it's because the players are just exhausted from this sort of season rather than just not having the ability...

Right on point, with the manpower lost throughout the season this is end result. Are there other factors? Sure but in my mind this one statement outlines it better than anything else!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
To be clear on the effort argument. I played a lot of football in my life, as well. Randomly diving at a runners legs as a attempt at a tackle qualifies as a lack of effort. The screen play I'm taking about was ridiculous. No reason Miami should have scored on that play. The guy "broke" 5 tackles. Watch that play again and then reconsider what I posted.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
...and is it just possible that our offensive line troubles could be from a lack of effort at times?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
To be clear on the effort argument. I played a lot of football in my life, as well. Randomly diving at a runners legs as a attempt at a tackle qualifies as a lack of effort. The screen play I'm taking about was ridiculous. No reason Miami should have scored on that play. The guy "broke" 5 tackles. Watch that play again and then reconsider what I posted.

... watch the replay and I believe you'll see that of those 5 only one or two had a 'chance'... the others were diving as a last ditch effort...

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

I saw 1 guy on def. give up on a play! We have a LOT of young guys on def with a lot of talent. They are taking their lumps now, but not giving up!

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Right on point, with the manpower lost throughout the season this is end result. Are there other factors? Sure but in my mind this one statement outlines it better than anything else!
This team has been losing since week 3. Before most of the attrition. The offensive line which remained intact has sucked from the beginning.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
... watch the replay and I believe you'll see that of those 5 only one or two had a 'chance'... the others were diving as a last ditch effort...

Why did we have so many players out of position to make a play then?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
What, people blaming bad karma or luck for the team playing horribly? Every fanbase in the nation talks about their great young players. Our problems stem from the offensive line and I simply don't see causes for optimism.

No the comment that 5 can block 7 or 8. You know, magic!