Snake bit....

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Next win for the yellow jackets will be 9 10 16 vs the mighty mercer bears and why in the hell are we playing them so freaking tiredof these type games We learn nothing

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
This game is hard to watch, but the sad part is that despite the score, our team was still in it until the half. I feel for Jordan this game. I think it's good for him to get to play to help him progress, but part of me just hopes the weather ends the game. It's too hard to watch.

What is wrong with the refs and not calling forward progress stopped on the Skov fumble - seemed just like the UGA one from last year. And what about no pass interference on the Jeune pass? I know these are water under the bridge given what has happened since, but those calls made a big difference early in the game.

Does anyone know many 55+ field goal attempts have we had to defend this year? Pitt, FSU (which went our way), this one...I know there are more...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Anyone complaining about single plays at this point is just delusional. We are awful at every aspect involved in a football game

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Seeing that toss counter about five times in this game makes me wonder...where he hell has that been all year...especially in the games earlier in the year where the toss was the only thing working.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as the effort is there, I'm sure not gonna pile on. We have some very good young players in the mix now and it will pay dividends when they are juniors and seniors, if not sooner. Really impressed with our RF and F today, especially Jackson, Lynch, Mitchell, and Marshall. Also, as usual, the D played their butts off.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Our blocking is horrible...PJ said our O line wasn't really good last year...that their flaws were hidden ...If that is the case then when have we had a good O line since he has been here...I am really angry now and the bourbon is kicking in.
No, he said the offensive line was not "that good," referring to the raves it was getting. He was tempering the great burst of revisionist enthusiasm for a good line being referred to as a great O line. Context is everything. And boy, for a team that has never had a good O line it sure has put up lots of points. But I get the bourbon urge. It has been a lousy year after great expectations. It just has to be endured.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Effort was there today.

I know this post will not be popular. With that being said, when did effort become optional...in anything???. I guess we applaud it nowadays because young people do, in fact, give up easily when things get tough. Effort used to be a given. I'd like to think me and 10 randomly selected guys or gals from the internet message boards would try our hardest had we suited up today, just because it was a competition. But maybe I am just an old guy now.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this post will not be popular. With that being said, when did effort become optional...in anything???. I guess we applaud it nowadays because young people do, in fact, give up easily when things get tough. Effort used to be a given. I'd like to think me and 10 randomly selected guys or gals from the internet message boards would try our hardest had we suited up today, just because it was a competition. But maybe I am just an old guy now.
That was a response to someone who claimed player effort is disappearing.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Actually I thought we played pretty darned well today.

For a JV/scout team -- which is pretty much what we are at this point. Some very nice plays, not giving up, lots of mistakes, and not giving up.

I was amazed at how poorly the field drained. Sun Life is a pro stadium. One would think if Clemson can install a first-class drainage system, that the Dolphins could. Not sure what to think there.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I will say this (posted earlier in chat), I've played, coached and watched a lot of football in my life and I've NEVER seen a team have happen to it in a given season as much this one has. I've not going to into the whys and wherefores. If you look at it in the totality of the season who just have to shake your head. As to someone's comment on effort being a given. I seen WAY too many teams quit in a game, a season to EVER take effort for granted. If you think we fans are upset we have nothing on the players and coaches. If you don't understand and accept that you truly know nothing about sports.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With this loss the current squad ties the 1929 squad for biggest decrease in wins from the previous season (7).
1929 team went 3-6 after the 1928 squad went 10-0. Scary fact - it was 8 yrs before GT had a winning record again.